Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it ok to feel attracted to your second cousins? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's still weird. There are about 3 billion males/females in the world, is it hard to just get one out of your family? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have over 50 first cousins and I have met all of them at least once (but see most of them quite often) - that is from about 15 combined siblings from both my parents.

If you want to talk second cousins i have best part of 200 i bet, again have met most of them if not all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    I thought that was your first cousin once removed
    its your second cousin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ITS NOT A SHE! its a he and he's my age and looks like a posh, younger version of keanu reeves!!! who wouldn't like him?!
    His relatives?

Maybe it's because I've known my second cousins since i was young and see them often, but eeuurrghh.

Its normal. My mum and dad are 1st cousins.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if you were a rapist or something.

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask then yes, yes it is very wrong.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with feeling attraction, which is largely a subconscious process.

I would think twice (or more) about any sex - as both the uncomfortable implications from your family/society and from any heightened risk of genetic mutation. Even though you don't share that much genetic material, I wouldn't risk my children to have even a 1% heightened risk when it comes to various mutations.

ReputationRep:
    Someone may have already mentioned this but with FIRST cousins there's only a 1-3% increased risk of genetic mutation/problems in offspring... So I would imagine it's even less than that for second cousins...so it's not that bad if biology isn't against you lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.