Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Found out last week that this is where I'll be staying

Looks nice as its all brand new and in a fairly nice/central area, own bathroom/shower etc.
    Pretty expensive though and a 51-week contract :eek:

I'm for Yorkshire and will be doing a post grad course in animation at CSM, what's everyone else going to be doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theholty)
    Found out last week that this is where I'll be staying

Looks nice as its all brand new and in a fairly nice/central area, own bathroom/shower etc.
    Pretty expensive though and a 51-week contract :eek:

I'm for Yorkshire and will be doing a post grad course in animation at CSM, what's everyone else going to be doing?
    I'm there on the 44 week contract. second year biomed at UCL

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an offer for Opal 4 and going to be attending LCC????? please contact me

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone from csm foundation staying there?

ReputationRep:
    I will be, although I'm going to KCL.

ReputationRep:
    i might be stayg at Tufnell park. hows the hall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alysc)
    i might be stayg at Tufnell park. hows the hall?
    http://www.opalstudents.com/student-...-ofl/features/
    That's the offical page about the hall. It has most of the information about it.

ReputationRep:
    thanks! do you know if the area is safe? i dun wan to be tied to a 51wk contract if its not....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alysc)
    thanks! do you know if the area is safe? i dun wan to be tied to a 51wk contract if its not....
    I felt safe when I went to have a look at Opal.

And my friend went there at night and he said the front is very well lit up and the area felt safe at night as well.

Its at the end of a residential road, so it should be fairly quiet, which could be a good or bad thing.

But I'm sure there will always be other people from Opal, going in and out so it should be safe

ReputationRep:
    Im staying there when i went (in te afternoon) was very nice area, I don't know how it is at night but JC123 seems to think it should be fine. So let's hope it is!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone moved into Tufnell park hall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alysc)
    has anyone moved into Tufnell park hall?
    I have, moved in yesterday- its so nice!

Currently trying to tidy my sty of a room!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be at Opal this fall!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I started a facebook group for Opal students! I'm Lyze when you see me on the page add me :}

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=144114172266458

ReputationRep:
    I'll be here too, can't wait =)

ReputationRep:
    Worst accommodation ever!!! There is mice everywhere.. You can hear them crawling in the elevators!!! Rude indian receptionist!!! They refuse to give you your mail when asked for!!! You normally receive mail at 1 am the next day....very rude customer service! Only after your money! Do not move here!
    Worst accommodation ever!!! There is mice everywhere.. You can hear them crawling in the elevators!!! Rude indian receptionist!!! They refuse to give you your mail when asked for!!! You normally receive mail at 1 am the next day....very rude customer service! Only after your money! Do not move here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUCCIGIRL1986)
    hey, is it really that bad? i was going to put it down as one of my choices. do u know what manna ash is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUCCIGIRL1986)
    YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD GIRL! Just woke up this morning to find a mouse in the kitchen - the receptionist told me they've had problems a lot with mice in blocks H and A especially, but Block C (where i stay) is a new one. SICK/ £175 a week to live with mice - and hearing them squeak. SICK. Glad you mentioned the miserable fat Indian receptionist - I remember when I first moved here asking her about buses and where the nearest gym is - she sat on her fat arse and simple said 'google it.' Miserable cow - I've complained about her - I avoid going into that reception area coz it just riles me up at how moody they all are in there. The area is nice - showers are TINY though. Seriously, the tiniest showers ever! For the moeny this place charges, honestly, SO, SO NOT WORTH IT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandybanks)
    YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD GIRL! Just woke up this morning to find a mouse in the kitchen - the receptionist told me they've had problems a lot with mice in blocks H and A especially, but Block C (where i stay) is a new one. SICK/ £175 a week to live with mice - and hearing them squeak. SICK. Glad you mentioned the miserable fat Indian receptionist - I remember when I first moved here asking her about buses and where the nearest gym is - she sat on her fat arse and simple said 'google it.' Miserable cow - I've complained about her - I avoid going into that reception area coz it just riles me up at how moody they all are in there. The area is nice - showers are TINY though. Seriously, the tiniest showers ever! For the moeny this place charges, honestly, SO, SO NOT WORTH IT.
    haha, i hear you. She's always asking me to google everything when I ask her questions too :/

ReputationRep:
    Is it really that bad??? I just confirmed my booking in opal 4....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.