Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm currently studying Japanese and will be graduating next year.
    I'm planning to take off to another country once I graduate, but I'd like to do a Psychology conversion course, and the only self-study uni that seems to offer it is the Open University.

Has anyone actually done something like this?

I was wondering how credible the OU diploma is, as I wouldn't want to spend a ton of money for a piece of paper that won't actually allow me do anything.

Thank you ~~~

ReputationRep:
    You'll miss out on important stuff like labs.
    Not worth it IMO.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The Open University is pretty well-respected, but I'm not sure how that course is viewed. It might be a good idea to contact them to find out more details of exactly what it would involve.

ReputationRep:
    well it is fully accredited by the BPS and confers GBR so it means that the BPS regulate the course and decree it suitable to be the standard of elsewhere. SO yes it is just as valid.

See http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/recognition/3_01.pdf

There is absolutely no reason to suspect that this course would not be credible. Apart from the complete prejudice of 16 year olds on tsr.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your advice everyone :loveduck:

flexiblefish, yeah, I saw that it is BPS accredited, and I also found this, which has a bar chart showing that I could go into psychology with a conversion course :fluffy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.