The Student Room Group

Stationary Shopping for Year 9.... HELP

Scroll to see replies

OMG You actually need TSR to tell you these things...

Once upon a time there were two things, one of them was called indepedance, the other was called sense...thought of another thing, it was called DIY

NB: I have three pens, blue, black red. One ruler/one rubber/one pencil/one highlighter/one calculator. No penicl case as the pens/pencil fit into my pockets... And your done.
Ah those were the days. I used to love the annual visit to WHSmith for stationary prior to the start of the school year. But seriously, get a pack of biros and you're sorted.
Reply 22
Is this thread an ironic comment on TSR as a whole or am I missing something? Chill out.

Wow. Just wow.

You need a couple of pens. Carrying five round is silly, buy a pack of relatively nice ones and carry two. You won't break two in a day.

20 pencils? Buy a mechanical pencil, they're a godsend. Never go dull, never need to sharpen them, have a rubber on the end, etc.

Scissors and glue is insanity. Give me one situation where you might need them, where the teacher won't provide them for you and you can't wait until you get home to glue something in.

Teachers will moan but your geometry set comes in useful approximately four times in the seven year high school period. They will also probably expect you to forget it.
Reply 23
Erm, isn't Year 9 when you just continue messing around until a month before SAT's, wait they have scrapped SAT's so just endless fun. I only brought 2 pens in my pocked once I hit Year 9, not the best advice but that's all I really needed (also borrow off someone in class who is always equipped). Save actually considering stationery shopping for year 10 and 11 when GCSE's start, then just buy a scientific calculator and a geometry set.
Reply 24
letsdothetimewarpagain
although I have a bit of a thing for coloured fine liner pens :o:

Yeah! coloured fine liners!!!:woo: I loved those. Mine were soo good! (especially as I did Art).
Reply 25
also. if you don't have something its not the end of the world. The shop is still open and still sells stationary all year round.
Does nobody know the difference between stationery and stationary these days?
Good bloke
Does nobody know the difference between stationery and stationary these days?

i do...and yes i know its stationery in this case :smile:

stationary means to be still or not moving or something :p:
Anon the 7th

stationary means to be still or not moving or something :p:

Of the seven people who tried to use stationery before you, only one used the right word. I can't believe they were all typos.
Good bloke
Of the seven people who tried to use stationery before you, only one used the right word. I can't believe they were all typos.

i didnt use the word
Anon the 7th

This isn't using the word? :confused:
Good bloke
This isn't using the word? :confused:

oh, you mean that post itself...i thought you were referring to my first post in the thread, advising him which pieces of stationery to get
Year 9 ?

Simpler times, nothing matters in year 9. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Revolution is my Name
Year 9 doesn't matter in the slightest, especially now they've got rid of SATs, so there's really no point fretting over such trivial matters (how exactly do you think your stationary needs will differ significantly from the last two similarly pointless years?)

I want to try and make a good impression so I can get what I want for my Options - plus I start my GCSE's this year (Maths and PE)
Good bloke

Have I spelt it right?
Afcwimbledon2
Have I spelt it right?

no, unfortunately
Anon the 7th
no, unfortunately

That is really great!
Econight
Erm, isn't Year 9 when you just continue messing around until a month before SAT's, wait they have scrapped SAT's so just endless fun. I only brought 2 pens in my pocked once I hit Year 9, not the best advice but that's all I really needed (also borrow off someone in class who is always equipped). Save actually considering stationery shopping for year 10 and 11 when GCSE's start, then just buy a scientific calculator and a geometry set.

Yesm, years 7,8 and 9 are just the best years you will ever have at school. They mean nothing... Dont worry about stationary and enjoy it cos once year 11 comes around, the pressure HITS YOU LIKE A BRICK WALL... (well it did with me anyway)
Reply 38
Afcwimbledon2
Hi Guys/Gals :smile:

TBH - Last year I needed more than my school asked.

So what should I (being realistic) bring for my next school year?

NB: I have already got the following:

* 5 Blue Pens
* 4 Highlighters
* 20 Pencils
* Geometry Set
* Pencil Case

Thanks,

Simon

So harsh you have to bring in all that, I literally don't bring in a thing to school, have one or two pens about, and borrow or find the rest, Calculator might be needed, that is a about it?

Also, I don't get detentions. :biggrin:
You need the following:

pen (I like uni-ball eye fine black) x2
mechanical pencil with rubber end x2
ruler
scientific calculator
pencil case

Any extra stationery like protractors, colouring pencils and highlighters you can buy on a need-to-use basis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending