Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being Friends After Going Out watch

ReputationRep:
    Im currently in a similar situation. Not really sure how well its going. I broke up with her (on good terms) about 6 weeks ago and we had been together for 2 years; living together for one of those. To be honest I was totally in love with her and we had plans to get a house and get married after graduating

We usually chat on the phone about once a week but havent met in person yet (were living in different cities now.) Its going to be very weird seeing her again but the plan is to stay friends. Because i still think shes a lovely girl and she definately has her heart in the right place despite having a few issues. Ideally we'll be able to stay friends and in a few years look back on the relationship and just laugh about how bad we were together.

Thats the plan anyway. Im not too sure on the details of how its going to happen. And I'm a little but affraid shes still in love with me - which could still potentially **** things up.

(Oh and awkward! )

ReputationRep:
    Me and my ex were friends for all of about two weeks until we started arguing. She never wanted us to be friends.
    I don't think its usually possible... depends on both people I guess and the circumstances behind the breakup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riccoles)
    Me and my ex were friends for all of about two weeks until we started arguing. She never wanted us to be friends.
    I don't think its usually possible... depends on both people I guess and the circumstances behind the breakup.
    Im pretty much the same with my last ex, friends for about a month and then the inevitable arguments and all that start. Although, being perfectly honest I KNEW we would never be friends, and for some reason she thought straight away we would be friends despite she was the one who hurt me. I swear, you women sometimes really do make me want to be single for the rest of my life lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footballfiend08)
    I swear, you women sometimes really do make me want to be single for the rest of my life lol
    lol Mate, I wouldn't rush into writing off the female species right away, there are LOADS of brilliant, wonderful and beautiful girls out there.. we just need to look longer and I already am :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.