Turn on thread page Beta

Skinny guy looking to add a few pounds of muscle... watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi people,

I know I should work this out myself but the net is saturated with different workouts and plans...

I'm fairly fit/ skinny, I can do 8 pullups... have some pathetic definition but I want to beef up a bit. Nothing crazy, just a noticeable build.

I have a treadmill, dumbbells, pull-bar & can do pushups & situps ... (can't afford gym & I live in the sticks)...

Would be grateful for a starting plan/ tips.

(21y male)

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jg00016)
    dung bells
    :eek3:

Sounds disgusting. Real men lift weights made of metal.

ReputationRep:
    Ha! Good point.

ReputationRep:
    Eat more to start with and then add in some weights too.

ReputationRep:
    eat 30g of protien per lb of ((bodyweight x 2) squared/3.14)x (static air pressure at 15000ft in an ISA environemnt/cubic volume sum of 1msquared of hydrogen) for the most effective gains. Thats what it told me on bodybulding.com

Also buy

and of course

The next key thing is to openly digest and spout anything possible from westside or from people on BB.com who you have never met as if you know the score.

This is the only way you know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jg00016)
    Hi people,

I know I should work this out myself but the net is saturated with different workouts and plans...

I'm fairly fit/ skinny, I can do 8 pullups... have some pathetic definition but I want to beef up a bit. Nothing crazy, just a noticeable build.

I have a treadmill, dumbbells, pull-bar & can do pushups & situps ... (can't afford gym & I live in the sticks)...

Would be grateful for a starting plan/ tips.

(21y male)

Thanks in advance!
    Concentrate on big movements. Dumbbell squats, dumbbell bench press, dumbbell shoulder press etc.

TBH you'd be best off finding some money and joining a gym. Alternatively, be prepared to spend a fair bit of money on some proper weights for home (you can make some of the stuff yourself. Squat rack out of scaffolding etc).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.