Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    - 2 passport photos

- Passport (I have birth Certificate)

- National Insurance No

- Professional Certificate - what do they mean by this?

- Driving Licenses (Don't have)

- Utilities bill as a proof of address

- CRB check (Where do I go about getting one of these done?)

- Professional references (Nope, not at the moment)

- Personal references (Are references from school, acceptable? I'm external so I wouldn't have any in this department either)

All of this. Problem is this is my 1st time going for a job so the ones
    that are not bolded, I don't have documents for - nor do I know where to get them from.

Any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    - 2 passport photos

- National Insurance No

- Personal references (Are references from school, acceptable? I'm external so I wouldn't have any in this department either)

that are not bolded, I don't have documents for - nor do I know where to get them from.

Any help?
    you can apply for a passport i think on the direct.gov website?

professional certificate :s: degree? :p: thats not very clear

apply for a provisional driving license, on dvla or direct website?

professional reference - doubt youd have that if this is your first time going for a job. do they know its your first time going for a job? it might be worth letting them know.

personal reference your school or friends or family members could do them

maybe on the criminal records bureau (crb) check look on their website? or go to a police station maybe?

thats a lot more to take than your average interview lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    you can apply for a passport i think on the direct.gov website?

professional certificate degree? thats not very clear (True, I don't have a degree yet, only 18 =]

apply for a provisional driving license, on dvla or direct website? (Not sure about doing this since I don't plan to take driving lessons for a couple years)

professional reference - doubt youd have that if this is your first time going for a job. do they know its your first time going for a job? it might be worth letting them know.
    (i'll let them know =])

personal reference your school or friends or family members could do them (hmm, is this possible? I see might get someone to do that then)

maybe on the criminal records bureau (crb) check look on their website? or go to a police station maybe? (i thought the employer, does it for the employee?)

thats a lot more to take than your average interview lol
    lol yes it is, it's just a small job aswell - don't know why they require alot of information lol. Normally, I thought they'd ask for this stuff once the candidate was successful through the entire application process.

ReputationRep:
    lol yes it is, it's just a small job aswell - don't know why they require alot of information lol. Normally, I thought they'd ask for this stuff once the candidate was successful through the entire application process.
    i know, so many proofs of id

well your provisional driving license theres no harm in having one as it expires in 10 years and then you simply get a new one after that (no charge)

maybe ask them to clarify what they mean by professional certificate when you contact them

and i think maybe not family but say a family friend could be a reference?

and perhaps the crb check is just to state your crimincal convictions...if any?

EDIT: thats strange, your thing is showing you as offline

how did you do that? :p:

ReputationRep:
    i know, so many proofs of id

well your provisional driving license theres no harm in having one as it expires in 10 years and then you simply get a new one after that (no charge)

maybe ask them to clarify what they mean by professional certificate when you contact them

and i think maybe not family but say a family friend could be a reference?
    Yeah I know just the person for the reference. I'll ask them for that too. Thanks alot =]

I just hope that by the time i've applied for all these formal official documents, that the employer doesn't withdraw my application =[

Then again they didn't give a specific date, they just told me to hand in my documents. Got the e-mail today.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know just the person for the reference. I'll ask them for that too. Thanks alot =]

I just hope that by the time i've applied for all these formal official documents, that the employer doesn't withdraw my application =[

Then again they didn't give a specific date, they just told me to hand in my documents. Got the e-mail today.
    you're welcome

EDIT: and overall the best thing if you are stuck is to contact them and let them know

hope you get the job

ReputationRep:
    - 2 passport photos

- National Insurance No

Any help?
    You won't need all of them so don't worry about it too much.

Don't worry about a passport as you have another form of ID (Birth Certificate and Utility Bill)

Certificates - Any qualifications/training you have

Driving License - Same as passport

CRB check - Can only be done through the company so don't worry

Professional reference - If you haven't got it you can't give it so again don't worry

Personal - I assume from the school would be fine, a family friend writes mine and there is no problem with that.

It looks as if they require a CRB check and thats why they need so much ID from you, to check you have enough, search for CRB and it will give you a list of documents to take.
    You'll have to take more than most people as you don't have a passport, i had a long list of things to take because i don't have one.

ReputationRep:
    CRBs are only done through companies. You can't apply for one as an individual. I would imagine that list is suggesting to bring any CRB documentation that you have had done in the past. It provides proof of identity as well as allowing for a new CRB to be completed faster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadel_L)
    You won't need all of them so don't worry about it too much.

Don't worry about a passport as you have another form of ID (Birth Certificate and Utility Bill) -check

Certificates - Any qualifications/training you have -GCSE's/A-levels check

Driving License - Same as passport -same as above

CRB check - Can only be done through the company so don't worry - phew =]

Professional reference - If you haven't got it you can't give it so again don't worry =]

Personal - I assume from the school would be fine, a family friend writes mine and there is no problem with that. -Family friend it is then =]

It looks as if they require a CRB check and thats why they need so much ID from you, to check you have enough, search for CRB and it will give you a list of documents to take.
    You'll have to take more than most people as you don't have a passport, i had a long list of things to take because i don't have one.
    Hmm.. well I was assuming that a birth certificate, and proof of address, NI, bank card etc would be enough. Not many documents an average 18 year old can have .

Thankx for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    CRBs are only done through companies. You can't apply for one as an individual. I would imagine that list is suggesting to bring any CRB documentation that you have had done in the past. It provides proof of identity as well as allowing for a new CRB to be completed faster.
    Oh right, that makes alot of sense. Basically all I need to bring are just my personal documents that I have available. Makes sense, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    you're welcome

EDIT: and overall the best thing if you are stuck is to contact them and let them know

hope you get the job
    Thank-you very much

You can get a provisional driving license even if you're not planning on driving for a few years.

What else are you missing?

ReputationRep:
    what job are u applying for???

not much point in paying out loads of money to get all the documents like a driving licence if ur not gonna learn to drive yet?

maybe contact them an see which ones you NEED to have first...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    You can get a provisional driving license even if you're not planning on driving for a few years.

What else are you missing?
    Personal References

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee_91)
    what job are u applying for???

not much point in paying out loads of money to get all the documents like a driving licence if ur not gonna learn to drive yet?

maybe contact them an see which ones you NEED to have first...
    Data Entry Clerk.

ReputationRep:
    - 2 passport photos

- National Insurance No

Any help?
    You can get a passport on a Premium 1-day service, unless it's your first adult passport, in which case it's 2-3 weeks (take like a week and a half I've found). http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...ions/DG_174109

Professional certificate you don't have so doesn't apply.

Apply for a provisional license; might as well. Just pick up the form from the Post office.

CRB check from CRB: http://www.crb.gov.uk/using_the_website/applicant.aspx

Professional references don't apply to you so you don't need them.

Personal references simply need to be from a professional or recognised person who has known you for say 2 years or more e.g. your teacher/head of year, your doctor, dentist, local councilor who you've met etc.

ReputationRep:
    Data Entry Clerk.
    lol...

i thought it was something more like working for the mi6 or sumthin with the amount of info you need to provide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HectaSelecta)
    lol...

i thought it was something more like working for the mi6 or sumthin with the amount of info you need to provide.
    heh yeah I know. They probably saw my name and thought "IMMIGRANT" =] lol funny times.

ReputationRep:
    heh yeah I know. They probably saw my name and thought "IMMIGRANT" =] lol funny times.
    It happens to me all the time! I have coloured skin (not dark dark but darker than your average British citizen) even though my parents are normal, white English people and whenever I apply for jobs they always question my immigration status - sounding surprised when I say I'm a British citizen :p: !

ReputationRep:
    you NI should have been sent to you through the post just a few weeks after you turned 16

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.