Turn on thread page Beta

    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    you NI should have been sent to you through the post just a few weeks after you turned 16
    National Insurance has been put in bold by OP, hence he already had it... :p:

    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    National Insurance has been put in bold by OP, hence he already had it... :p:
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i thought it as the opposite =$

    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    - 2 passport photos
    You can buy/get them at pohoto booths all over the place

    - Passport (I have birth Certificate)
    Other recognised photo ID like a Provisional driving license

    - National Insurance No
    Call up the National Insurance people and request a NI Number (google will help you find the number)

    - Professional Certificate - what do they mean by this?
    GCSEs, A-Level, degree certificates etc

    - Driving Licenses (Don't have)
    Can't take what you don't have... you can apply for a provisional if you don't have one though

    - Utilities bill as a proof of address
    A recent letter addressed to you with your address on, a bank statement is OK

    - CRB check (Where do I go about getting one of these done?)
    A CRB is a expensive document and takes weeks sometimes months to get. Google "CRB" for more info.

    - Professional references (Nope, not at the moment)
    Can't take what you haven't got...

    - Personal references (Are references from school, acceptable? I'm external so I wouldn't have any in this department either)
    School references are OK

    See my red.

    What job is it your applying for?
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by Terryw)
    See my red.

    What job is it your applying for?
    Bolded ones I already have.

    It's a Data Entry Clerk post :rofl: can't believe they need so much.

    I do remember reading somewhere that a professional reference can be given by anyone of the following: Lawyer, Accountant, Doctor, and I think teacher was one of those although I'm not sure so just check online and it should give a list.


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.