Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachaelS)
    I've started sending CVs to people but havent heard anything back yet but sending some more away this week. Im far too excited lol counting down the says (25!!) :woo:
    26 for me I can't move til the Sunday which is very sad I'll miss out on alot of banter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yekim_8)
    Sounds like a good idea might send off a few myself I got offered a transfer from my other job but it is near the airport apparently which I have been told is outside Aberdeen so would have no clue how to get there plus wanted a bit of a change.
    Pray tell, where are you based? I'm slightly in tune with Dyce myself, and the only things that I can really think of are Asda and a little Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    It is DEFO a good idea to send out CVs now btw! one of my friends decided to go to Aberdeen early (start of June) to get a job in the city as she thought she'd get a better one than out here in rural-land and only got one around two weeks ago. So apply early and make sure you sound very very good in the CV!! and good luck =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entangled)
    Medicine? North Court? Bingo, we have a match.

I really know how to initiate a heartfelt conversation over the internet, so I'll keep it short - looking forward to it (and, more practically, do you know your way around already)?
    I'm afraid I don't really know my way about.. I'm hoping and praying that we will have somebody to help us find the way to Forsterhill on the Monday or I think we will be lost and late! I was very excited when the welcome pack arrived =) can't wait!
    Are you looking forward to it? And which Room are you staying in? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolicampbell)
    It is DEFO a good idea to send out CVs now btw! one of my friends decided to go to Aberdeen early (start of June) to get a job in the city as she thought she'd get a better one than out here in rural-land and only got one around two weeks ago. So apply early and make sure you sound very very good in the CV!! and good luck =)
    Really?My former workplace are always looking to hire.. then again not everyone wants to work in a cafe for the minimum wage!

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I don't really know my way about.. I'm hoping and praying that we will have somebody to help us find the way to Forsterhill on the Monday or I think we will be lost and late! I was very excited when the welcome pack arrived =) can't wait!
    Are you looking forward to it? And which Room are you staying in? x
    Definitely looking forward to life in block 135. I think the first week is based around the central Uni building and then the stuff thereafter in Forresterhill. No worries for getting there for me, I'm local so I've got it mapped out in my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keeno89)
    Really?My former workplace are always looking to hire.. then again not everyone wants to work in a cafe for the minimum wage!
    Yup, well she applied in loads of places, but in the whole of Aberdeen she may have missed that =P

ReputationRep:
    Definitely looking forward to life in block 135. I think the first week is based around the central Uni building and then the stuff thereafter in Forresterhill. No worries for getting there for me, I'm local so I've got it mapped out in my head.
    Hmm...Not for us I don't think, we have a different freshers timetable which is in Forsterhill I think. Did you get a welcome pack thingy? It says that our events start at the Suttie Centre, Foresterhill on Mon 21st. x

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...Not for us I don't think, we have a different freshers timetable which is in Forsterhill I think. Did you get a welcome pack thingy? It says that our events start at the Suttie Centre, Foresterhill on Mon 21st. x
    Oh, my bad. Pretty much the only side of the only sheet I haven't read. Foresterhill is simple enough to get to, and we're looking for the building that looks like scaffolding.

It's a straightforwardish cut through some of Aberdeen.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, my bad. Pretty much the only side of the only sheet I haven't read. Foresterhill is simple enough to get to, and we're looking for the building that looks like scaffolding.

You mean the one that looks like a deck chair?

The scaffolding is off and it's now just wood panelling with the odd bit of green paint. It looks horrible. We start lectures there on the 14th so will be fun to see our entire year getting lost

ReputationRep:

Right... I'm going to follow you then! lol.

I have seen the Suttie centre, was there when I went for interview. I just have no idea how to get there from Hillhead.. x

ReputationRep:
    I have seen the Suttie centre, was there when I went for interview. I just have no idea how to get there from Hillhead.. x
    All the interviews were in the Polworth, I thought. Not to wind you up with all the different buildings - you can see the Suttie from pretty much anywhere in Foresterhill.

ReputationRep:
    Pray tell, where are you based? I'm slightly in tune with Dyce myself, and the only things that I can really think of are Asda and a little Tesco.
    Marriot Hotel , yeah that's where i've been told it is nearer Dyce.

ReputationRep:
    Marriot Hotel , yeah that's where i've been told it is nearer Dyce.
    Ahh, bingo. Opposite the old BP site. The airport is actually out on a bit of a limb from Dyce, but the Marriot is in the middle. It's pretty good for buses and the like, and there's the train station a little bit down the road.

By the way, when I said 'a little in tune', I really meant that I've gone to school there for 6 years now. Thinking the area out, you'd do worse than the Marriot - I mean, part-time jobs can be a bit tricky to obtain these days. I'd say that it would be better for an existing employer to cut your hours, rather than someone trying to take you on for only a few.

EDIT - It's probably better to hit Google maps for the picture. Look just south of Parkhill Way in Dyce, between that and the Victoria Street/Riverview Drive roundabout. And, if you're interested, the big gap north-west of that is where I went to school/where I work currently.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, bingo. Opposite the old BP site. The airport is actually out on a bit of a limb from Dyce, but the Marriot is in the middle. It's pretty good for buses and the like, and there's the train station a little bit down the road.

By the way, when I said 'a little in tune', I really meant that I've gone to school there for 6 years now. Thinking the area out, you'd do worse than the Marriot - I mean, part-time jobs can be a bit tricky to obtain these days. I'd say that it would be better for an existing employer to cut your hours, rather than someone trying to take you on for only a few.

EDIT - It's probably better to hit Google maps for the picture. Look just south of Parkhill Way in Dyce, between that and the Victoria Street/Riverview Drive roundabout. And, if you're interested, the big gap north-west of that is where I went to school/where I work currently.

Cheers for the help it does look fairly easy to get to assuming rail/bus links are good into Dyce. I don't think I could swallow my pride though and ask for a transfer now after initially saying no and then doing daily celebration dances about how I wont have to work back there until christmas holidays :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the help it does look fairly easy to get to assuming rail/bus links are good into Dyce. I don't think I could swallow my pride though and ask for a transfer now after initially saying no and then doing daily celebration dances about how I wont have to work back there until christmas holidays
    Ahh, burning the bridges is a dangerous game. As long as you have it kept back for you in the holidays, you'll still have your foot in the door. So it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    All the interviews were in the Polworth, I thought. Not to wind you up with all the different buildings - you can see the Suttie from pretty much anywhere in Foresterhill.
    Sorry lol didn't mean I had my interview in there, just that I saw it when i was there =)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry lol didn't mean I had my interview in there, just that I saw it when i was there =)
    My bad, I don't think I was very switched on at that point, go figure. Did I ask you which number you were given for North Court?

ReputationRep:
    My bad, I don't think I was very switched on at that point, go figure. Did I ask you which number you were given for North Court?
    I'm 149A, what are you? Come visit on move-in day! Woohoo for meeting people! =P xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm 149A, what are you? Come visit on move-in day! Woohoo for meeting people! =P xx
    135B, I do believe. Are you moving in on the Saturday?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.