Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Woman to marry fairground ride! watch

ReputationRep:
    Just saw this news article:

A 33-year-old church organist from Pennsylvania is planning to marry a magic carpet fairground ride.

Amy Wolfe claims to have objectum sexuality, a condition that makes sufferers attracted to inanimate objects.

She has been 'courting' the attraction, an 80ft gondola ride called 1001 Nachts, for a decade. According to the Daily Telegraph, Wolfe travels 160 miles to visit the attraction up to 10 times every year. It is estimated she has taken approximately 3,000 rides since first visiting the theme park at the age of 13.

"I love him as much as women love their husbands and know we'll be together forever," she said. "I was instantly attracted to him sexually and mentally.

"I wasn't freaked out, as it just felt so natural, but I didn't tell anyone about it because I knew it wasn't 'normal' to have feelings for a fairground ride."

Wolfe sleeps with a picture of the ride on her ceiling. She also carries its spare nuts and bolts around in a bid to feel closer to the machinery.

"I'm not hurting anyone and I can't help it," she added. "It's a part of who I am."

After the wedding she plans to change her name to Amy Weber, in honour of the manufacturer of the attraction.
    The source:http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/arti...ntid=149033576

What do you guys think about it?

Personally, my face is still :eek2: - I know next to nothing about objectum sexuality but err.. Each to their own, I guess XD

ReputationRep:
    :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    There was a program about it on Channel 4 a while back, I think one of the people in it had married the great wall of China and then one woman actually tried to have sex with the Eiffel Tower or something, though she basically just straddled one of the iron pillars. It was seriously strange.

ReputationRep:
    It takes all kinds and as she says "I'm not hurting anyone and I can't help it".

Good luck to her and future (non-consenting) husband.

ReputationRep:
    :s:

i also heard a story about a woman that married a fence :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    There was a program about it on Channel 4 a while back, I think one of the people in it had married the great wall of China and then one woman actually tried to have sex with the Eiffel Tower or something, though she basically just straddled one of the iron pillars. It was seriously strange.
    :rofl:

I didn't think it was legal to marry anything... not living, but obviously I was wrong XD

ReputationRep:
    lat night I was watching the TNT show on channel 4, and I think there was a story similar to this...they actually showed a video of a woman who was i nlove with the eiffel tower I think...the woman was KISSING the tower, like, really intimate kissing...eewww. Attention seeker I bet. This is a bad joke and not really that funny.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why they would want to get married to something that cant speak or move or isn't alive. Seriously they need help

ReputationRep:
    I saw a programme on this once. I have to say, seeing a woman make love to the Eiffel Tower was one of the strangest things I've ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I remember this, and the men who loved their cars :rofl:
    Takes all sorts!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see that programme about men who like to have sex with cars?

They did an interview one morning and there were pubes all over the hood of the car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatnikkidid)
    Did anyone see that programme about men who like to have sex with cars?

They did an interview one morning and there were pubes all over the hood of the car.
    I saw that. One word: odd.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh. Who's gonna pay for that wedding!? People never cease to amaze me.

ReputationRep:
    didnt a woman marry the berlin wall as well?

Its very weird and happens to mostly be women :P

I fell in love with some swiss cheese once

ReputationRep:
    Well why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy1395)
    I saw that. One word: odd.
    Can you remember what it was called?
    4oD
    x

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: has the fairground ride consented to this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sLauren.)
    Can you remember what it was called?
    4oD
    x
    My Car Is My Lover- on five.
    I think :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    how is the freakin ride going to say "I DO" :s
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I read this story in closer magazine a few weeks ago.
    Made me lol lots.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.