Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to buy all my stationery at the beginning of the year. I'll be studying physiotherapy but I need to think of my budget and all the things I'll need.
    How many notebooks will I need all year, if I want to keep subjects separate? What should my photocopying allowance be?
    I know this thread might seem trivial but I'm very new to this, thank you for any replies.

(Original post by ياسمين)
    I want to buy all my stationery at the beginning of the year. I'll be studying physiotherapy but I need to think of my budget and all the things I'll need.
    How many notebooks will I need all year, if I want to keep subjects separate? What should my photocopying allowance be?
    I know this thread might seem trivial but I'm very new to this, thank you for any replies.
    Well this is a huge list of everything you might ever need => http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._To_University

I only went through 2 notepads for the whole year but I did use a lot of blank paper. If you start of with 2 notepads and use folders to keep your work separate then you should be fine. Then you can buy the rest throughout the year.

I think your uni will give you some allowance for photocopying and printing. I can't remember how much I actually spent on it though :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Photocopying budget? You are thinking of a budget for photocopying? I think you're thinking too much into this! You chould probably get by on about three spiral bound notebooks, one per module to begin with - surely you can buy more when you need to? It's not like you won't have access to shops and they're not that expensive. Or you could do what I did which was to just buy lots of lined paper, and then buy separate ring binders for each module to put it in to.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks both of you I think you're right, smilee172, I do seem to be thinking a bit too much into this! I'm a bit of a stationery nerd I suppose lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi! it is difficult to tell how many note books you will need, as depends if you like to take alot of notes during lectures and also, if you plan your essays in note form, or work directly from your computer.

I get through loads! Wilkinsons are currently selling A4 pads, buy 1 get 1 free, so i am currently stocking up on these (think they're 70p!) To keep any subjects separate, i just put my notes into cheap ring binders and use card dividers...currently half price in good old Wilkinsons!!(39p) I am on very limited budget, so have to buy the cheapest stuff possible! No idea how many you would need though, sorry hon!

As for printing credit, when you first start, you are allocated £3!(not sure if this is the general thing at all uni's though?) You will then need to top-up your printing credit, either online, or at the library.

It's 5p per copy, so an essay with references and front cover can cost about 50p to print.

Hope you enjoy your course.x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.