Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've read through the whole thread on the Natwest Student banking guide but what I need to ask hasn't really been covered properley.

I have recently upgraded to the Natwest student account and have had no problems.

But having searched back to threads from last year etc I was finding different people were saying different things regarding whether you will get the overdraft on bad credit.

It was from a stupid O2 phone bill from over a year ago which I am still paying off now.

I'm 18 and about to go into my first year at Uni, does anybody know for deffinate whether I will be granted the overdraft as it will really help me out until my student loan goes in. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    usually it depends on your circumstances; do you have a job etc, either way you should recieve something. .

ReputationRep:
    Nah I don't have a job.

I am getting the maximum Grant and £2400 maintenance loan, don't know if this will mean anything to them.

Should be sound lad, when i'd give them a ring just to make sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_H123698)
    Should be sound lad, when i'd give them a ring just to make sure though
    Ta la. Can't apply 'til the 20th of this month anyway like. Bolton/Creamfields will be messy if it happens. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody tell me for deffinate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFCYU)
    Can anybody tell me for deffinate?
    NatWest can... we can only speculate. Go into the branch, they don't bite!

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid the only people who'll give you a definite answer are Natwest.

I have a bad credit history and this is my experience. When I opened my student account in person at my local branch last August I was told that unless it was something heavy like a CCJ then I would be okay for an overdraft. However when I went in later to get the overdraft it was declined. Then later in the year (November) I called the Natwest Student Services number and I was approved for the whole amount there and then - go figure!

Also I don't think Natwest are approving any overdrafts now until September.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.