Turn on thread page Beta

I'm happy that my best friend has broken up with his girlfriend watch

please keep anonymous as i know people on here.

I know this makes me sound so horrible..but i just found out that he has broken up with his girlfriend..and i don't know why i am glad..

we're really close but we are 'just friends'

i don't think i have feelings for him as i don't find him attractive..but when im not with him i miss him lots..

i know this sounds really sad and possesive but now that he is not with his gf I feel that I don't need to 'share him'..

Im really confused and Im worried that Im feeling like this..x

ReputationRep:
    It's okay. It's sort of normal to feel like that if you're very close friends, it's fine to miss him lots when you don't see him, but it's also possible that you have some other feelings for him deep down which is making you more happy that he's single.

As long as you don't make this known or **** off his ex, it'll be fine. Just be friends like normal and be there for him if he needs you

ReputationRep:
    It's probably just a possessive feeling. I've felt this way before, and it wasn't anything more than feeling possessive of being a special 'friend'

ReputationRep:
    I was pleased when one of my mates split up with his girlfriend.

Not for the same reasons though. This girl would get all funny if we asked him to come on nights out with the rest of us. She would always refuse to meet me and the rest of our mates as well.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.