Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

birthdays happening on the same day..what do I do... Watch

i have two best friends..both girls who are organising 18th birthday parties on the same day.. best friend A ive known for since year 7 and we've been tight since then.. and normally her birthdays have been on weekdays or sunday so we'll do something like go to nandos or something..
    now best friend B ive known just over a year now.. and she doesnt really hav birthday parties except one she had for her 16th..

now due to the calendar being a **** both their 18th parties are on the same saturday in september and they both demand of me to be there.. an extra problem is best friend As party is in northampton coz she moved there after yr 11..and even tho ive been there quite a few times ive not spent a long time( i.e. train journey means i'd only spend a few hours) and i promised her i'll be at her 18th..

so im stuck..any solutions will be appreciated..

ReputationRep:
    if A's party in northampton, where is B's party?

ReputationRep:
    I had this situation once, I just went with the girl that I knew better and explained the situation to the other girl like 'no offence but .. I've known so and so for ages.'

ReputationRep:
    go to B's party

northampton is horrible :p:

ReputationRep:
    What party would you have more fun at?

Go to that one, and use an excuse for the other:

If you go to A's party - tell B that A is one of your oldest friends, especially if they don't know each other very well say that A is a bit of a psycho and will go mental if you don't turn up

If you go to B's party - tell A that it's too far away/you can't afford it/you haven't got the time to go so far

What I'd do anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weet_ABI_x)

If you go to A's party - tell B that A is one of your oldest friends, especially if they don't know each other very well say that A is a bit of a psycho and will go mental if you don't turn up

If you go to B's party - tell A that it's too far away/you can't afford it/you haven't got the time to go so far

What I'd do anyway
    This ^

Personally i'd go to the one I was closest to and had known the longest (and who i'd promised i'd attend their 18th), i.e. A

ReputationRep:
    Who has the best partys??? :P

(Original post by MR.PINK)
    if A's party in northampton, where is B's party?
    down here in london where i live..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    down here in london where i live..
    aright sorry, just to remind u, you are anon, so how was i supposed to know.

answering ur question, go to the one's that if u dont go, she would hold it against you.

and apologise to the 2nd one, make sure u sound genuine :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go to A's especially if you have know them for a long while, you kind of owe it to them. She has obviously gone to alot of trouble to invite you all the way to northampton and if you havnt seen her for a while as she moved away surely it would be a nice idea to catch up.

B can probably forgive you if A is a longtime friends, whereas A would be more offended.

ReputationRep:
    go to the one ull have the better time at. then say to the other one, i realllly can't make it im really sorry, but we can go for a meal some time n have a few bottles of wine! sorry again bla bla bla

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.