Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Erm i applied to Student Finance England for my second year of study and i have been allocated the maximum grant and full accompanying loan.

Grant £2906
    Loan £3453

However when i look at the Tuition fees part it says;

Tuition Fees paid direct to your University or College (Blank)
    Tuition Fee Grant - Payable By Student Finance No Entitlement for Tuition Fee Grant Support
    Tuition Fees Payable By Your Household - £3225.00

Does this mean i have to pay for it myself? If so i will not be able to afford rent and tuition fees without living costs.

ReputationRep:
    No it means that thye will not give you the tuition fees to pay to the Uni but instead they will pay the uni the tuition fees directly.

ReputationRep:
    ring up and check cuppy

ReputationRep:
    In this case, it appears you haven't applied for the tuition fee loan. Therefore, you need to download a tuition fee loan request form from the Forms & Guides section of the website.

ReputationRep:
    Ta Daaaa!!!

Thanks for reply guys but i think i found the answer.

The page didnt seem to have loaded properly and now gives me more information.

Assessment Status Indicative Assessment
    Assessment Date 07/08/2009
    Assessment Type Based on Household Income

Tuition Fees paid direct to your University or College
    Tuition Fee Grant - Payable By Student Finance No Entitlement for Tuition Fee Grant Support
    Tuition Fees Payable By Your Household £3225.00

Tuition Fee Loan paid direct to your University or College
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Available £3225.00
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Requested £3225.00

Contributions to Grants/Living costs
    Assessed Contribution £0.00

Grants (after Household contribution has been deducted)
    HE Maintenance Grant £2906.00

Maintenance Loan (paid direct to you)
    Total Maintenance Loan Available £3453.00
    Total Maintenance Loan Requested £3453.00

From what im reading i just need to wait for my application to be accepted.

Thanks for help

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate, I was wondering the same thing.

I found out that it means that you have to pay that money back. After you start earning over 15 k after graduation, you have to pay the money back. So the part "tutition fees payable by your household" just means that's what you have to pay back after you graduate.

"Tuition Fee Loan paid direct to your University or College
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Available £3225.00
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Requested £3225.00 "

This part confirms that you have applied for the tution fee loan and will get the maximum amount.

I just recently completed my application on Tuesday, does anyone know how long it takes before I get confirmation that the money has been paid?

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.