Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,i am Merve and im one of those newbies..

Right now im working as an intern in a huge telecom company. I hope i'll be graduated from the faculty of engineering this year..(electric-electronic)
    Actually, im "kind of" thinking about studying for master degree but the worst thing is, im absulately uncertain about it. I guess i need some information about different choices. Like, should i start working immediately, save money, or be a senior engineer by studying for master degree..
    So im open to your suggestions... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I would think of it in terms of long-term achievement and short-term achievement.

If you stay on for a masters, short-term, more money and employed
    long term, better career prospects, higher paying job potentially.

Also, do you want to do another year of education? (Personally I couldn't, and am trying to find a job)
    Is the course interesting to you? and will it be something you want to study?
    Will it be specific enough for you to be able to become a senior engineer?
    Would the huge telecoms company pay for you to do a masters over 2 years, while staying at work? (very unlikely, but would be good)

There are many questions and different approachs you have to think about when deciding if you want to do a masters or not
    I hope this can help start your thinking through the different problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merve_)
    Hi there,i am Merve and im one of those newbies..

Right now im working as an intern in a huge telecom company. I hope i'll be graduated from the faculty of engineering this year..(electric-electronic)
    Actually, im "kind of" thinking about studying for master degree but the worst thing is, im absulately uncertain about it. I guess i need some information about different choices. Like, should i start working immediately, save money, or be a senior engineer by studying for master degree..
    So im open to your suggestions... :confused:
    I've moved this to the Postgraduate forum. You'll get a better response here.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Merve, I'm new too!

You could do both. Start working now, save money, and then do your masters. It's worth taking a break from education to experience the real world. I took a year out to save up for mine and I am so glad I did!

ReputationRep:
    Hi ,
    I have a conditional offer from cass for the part time Msc finance and investment course. I have 4 yrs work exp in IT and looking to change my field and get into Fin. How would you rate this cass course in terms of job prospects, career and ofcourse the returns. Please help me guys , have only 1 week to confirm.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlplurality)
    Hi Merve, I'm new too!

You could do both. Start working now, save money, and then do your masters. It's worth taking a break from education to experience the real world. I took a year out to save up for mine and I am so glad I did!
    Yeah it looks like its the best idea but, some conditions are not ok all the time.. For instance, not every company let us do the masters while working. On the other hand, i dont think that i can work after the whole day, the working period.. So i wanna put myself into the thing im working on, i dont wanna waste two things at the same time:confused:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.