Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fallout 3 - Downloadable Content? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone played any of the content? I am thinking of trading in my current Fallout 3, and pre-ordering the game of the year edition for £30 off of Game.co.uk rather then buying each one seperately.

Any good or bad points about any of the content??

ReputationRep:
    I've played Anchorage and the Pitt. Anchorage is fairly poor, but the Pitt is quite good. Apparently Point Lookout is good aswell, while the newest one Mothership Zeta is also poor. Wow £30? that's a bargain considering how much Microsoft charge for the DLC.
    EDIT: oops forgot about Broken Steel. Its a good one. Does some trickery with the ending...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    I've played Anchorage and the Pitt. Anchorage is fairly poor, but the Pitt is quite good. Apparently Point Lookout is good aswell, while the newest one Mothership Zeta is also poor. Wow £30? that's a bargain considering how much Microsoft charge for the DLC.
    Looking at the Fallout Wiki, Pitt, and Broken Steel sound the best, really not to keen on the whole Mothership Zeta version.

Yeah all the DLC comes to just under £40, if I trade in my current copy of Fallout 3, plus my reward points on Game I should end up paying about a tenner, makes business sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    I'veplayed them all except for Motherzhip Zeta. Broken Steel is pretty fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    Looking at the Fallout Wiki, Pitt, and Broken Steel sound the best, really not to keen on the whole Mothership Zeta version.

Yeah all the DLC comes to just under £40, if I trade in my current copy of Fallout 3, plus my reward points on Game I should end up paying about a tenner, makes business sense to me.
    You are getting very little money trading in Fallout 3 at the minute, no matter what console(obviously you have it on 360) I should know I work in GAME :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    You are getting very little money trading in Fallout 3 at the minute, no matter what console(obviously you have it on 360) I should know I work in GAME :yes:
    It's retailing at £25? so maybe just under £10 would be the minimum, it's a shame really, Gamestation are so much better with trade in's, I also have £10 on my reward card, but paying £10-15 for £35+ of DLC is alright really.

ReputationRep:
    It's retailing at £25? so maybe just under £10 would be the minimum, it's a shame really, Gamestation are so much better with trade in's, I also have £10 on my reward card, but paying £10-15 for £35+ of DLC is alright really.
    To trade in, it is around £8 store credit, which is very low. GAME can be good for certain offers on trade in's, but you would be best just getting the GotY edition price wise. The DLC is meant to be quite good, though I haven't got it yet, I keep buying new games :p:

ReputationRep:
    im probably the only person who preferred operation anchorage to the pitt. operation anchorage had this really cool vibe to it and i enjoyed learning the backstory to how the war started. I really didn't like the pitt, as the environment looked the same everywhere you looked and as a result i kept getting lost.

ReputationRep:
    You could try CeX - they'll pay cash for games (though they give about 1.5x the amount if you choose to take store credit instead):

360 - £9
    PS3 - £6
    PC - £4

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.