Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This morning i bought a new phone, i text my bf of it saying hi!!! He continued to text me on my old phone as he obviously didnt realise it was me so i thought i would wind him up and make him think he had a stalker for 10 mins or so as i was bored and he is in bed with a hang over.

I kept texting him on the new phone and he didntreply but we had a normal convo on my old one. I then rang him (on old phone) to see what we was doing later while carrying on texting him on the new phone so i could hear he was receiving messages. He goes on my facebook and crap all the time without me knowing so i didnt think it was a big issue but he was like oh dw thats just my mate texting me so i sent a few messages straight after one another and he looked at his phone and said oh yeah i only got one text i just think my phone is dying. Should i be worried that hes lying about messages? I know it was a stupid thing to do but it was only meant to be for a couple of minutes, itonly got carried on because he lied to me.

ReputationRep:
    You're so weird, and sad. Why would you do that? :lolwut:

I wouldn't really worry about him lying about the number of texts he got. I would however, worry about him thinking you're a nutter when he realises it was actually you and you were sort of testing him by asking him how many he got.

ReputationRep:
    Why create problems in your relationship?

ReputationRep:
    I would be thinking that aswell. If the messages wernt dirty and he had no idea it was you doing it and decides to lie about it then never no what else he could be hiding from you.

Also if he does not know yet that is your new number then at some point he will realise and think you was playing games and trying to trick him

ReputationRep:
    That is really, really odd.

ReputationRep:
    Just, woah.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't make something out of nothing

ReputationRep:
    I lost interest after about the second line and then concentration shortly after.

bai !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This morning i bought a new phone, i text my bf of it saying hi!!! He continued to text me on my old phone as he obviously didnt realise it was me so i thought i would wind him up and make him think he had a stalker for 10 mins or so as i was bored and he is in bed with a hang over.

I kept texting him on the new phone and he didntreply but we had a normal convo on my old one. I then rang him (on old phone) to see what we was doing later while carrying on texting him on the new phone so i could hear he was receiving messages. He goes on my facebook and crap all the time without me knowing so i didnt think it was a big issue but he was like oh dw thats just my mate texting me so i sent a few messages straight after one another and he looked at his phone and said oh yeah i only got one text i just think my phone is dying. Should i be worried that hes lying about messages? I know it was a stupid thing to do but it was only meant to be for a couple of minutes, itonly got carried on because he lied to me.
    OMG... he might have friends :rolleyes:

Dw, if it happens a lot then do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)

I wouldn't really worry about him lying about the number of texts he got. I would however, worry about him thinking you're a nutter when he realises it was actually you and you were sort of testing him by asking him how many he got.
    ha, this made me laugh.

I can't really add anything else OP

ReputationRep:
    I've done this before with an ex, and it was only to find out about the other girls he was cheating on me with, since he clearly wasn't going to tell me himself. I had doubts about his faithfulness. You had none, now you've caused yourself paranoia and anger and distrust. If you come clean, he's gonna think your weird and possibly nuts. This isn't gonna end well.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to mess up and create problems for him?

ReputationRep:
    How odd. He probably just didn't want you to jump to the conclusion that he was texting someone in a flirtatious sense, especially if he thought it was one of his mates winding him up.

ReputationRep:
    Peculiar teens nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)

This exactly.

ReputationRep:
    Lack of trust on both sides, springs to mind...

ReputationRep:
    That's so weird, I dont get why you'd do that. You just created a problem. Well done :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Dump his sorry ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Why would you want to mess up and create problems for him?
    :ditto:

(Original post by T-Star*)
    Dump his sorry ass.
    :yes:

ReputationRep:
    You seem cool.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.