Turn on thread page Beta

Standard and Maintance Grants watch

ReputationRep:
    Is there a difference between them?

I normally get a maintance grant, but this year they have given me a standard grant?...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Im not 100% sure but i believe it is the same thing as the Maintenance Grant is what people normally get on low incomes. But there are also other grants like the Adult Dependant Grant.

ReputationRep:
    There's also Special Support Grant :grin:

I'm not sure about a Standard grant but the different between Maintainance and Special is thet the special isn't classed as an income. It means the low income families can continue receiving benefits

ReputationRep:
    i got that too :confused:

i think maintenance grant covers living whereas standard covers everything maybe? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    i got that too :confused:

i think maintenance grant covers living whereas standard covers everything maybe? :confused:

Would I need to pay back this "standdard grant"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiquitaBanana)
    Would I need to pay back this "standdard grant"?
    im not sure but i think that grants are non-repayable

only loans have to be paid back

but you could check the student finance website?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.