Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Finance Direct Non 0845 Number Watch

ReputationRep:
    The mod on this thread is showing quite disturbed behaviour in my opinion. What's 'Saynoto0870' got to do with you Taiko? Nothing so butt out. Since when were you immune from criticism for your ridiculous behaviour? Get to be a mod and think you're Hitler!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    The fact that the 0141 number goes through to an office that don't actually process applications should be enough evidence. That's Glasgow, not Darlington where SFE are based and all administration comes out. You're actually going through to a payments office and asking them things they shouldn't be dealing with.
    Glasgow is where the switchboard is... if you phone the 0845 number you'll reach the same phoneline, and a similar Scottish voice, to phoning the 0141 number. Try it several times, and you'll always hear a Scottish accent coming down the receiver.

The Darlington processing center won't want to be having to handle the physical application form side of things as well as having to answer the telephone constantly. If there is a situation where you need to physically speak to somebody who has your application in their hand, then you would be forwarded on to the Darlington office.

Note, I'm not trying to start an argument, just stating facts

ReputationRep:
    Actually, Darlington have a contact centre for answering calls. The processing team are completely seperate from assessments.

ReputationRep:
    I have sent a formal complaint to the web administrators about the behaviour of the mod on this forum about their ridiculous behaviour on this forum in reprimanding people for posting 'saynoto0870' links and for similar posts in other forums. 'Goderator' says exactly how they view themselves! I will probably now be banned by them for daring to post another criticism which they preciously interpret as 'abuse' If so, cheerio everyone and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    The fact that the 0141 number goes through to an office that don't actually process applications should be enough evidence.
    But they always put (well, they've said this to me) people through to the correct place.

I didn't know we weren't meant to use non-0845 numbers, but I have no choice. They're so expensive. (01 & 02 numbers are free)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    But they always put (well, they've said this to me) people through to the correct place.

I didn't know we weren't meant to use non-0845 numbers, but I have no choice. They're so expensive. (01 & 02 numbers are free)
    What he said - it's far too expensive to keep calling the 0845 numbers. There can't be any real reason for not giving the regional alternatives out other than wishing to make money out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandettielightvessel)
    What he said - it's far too expensive to keep calling the 0845 numbers. There can't be any real reason for not giving the regional alternatives out other than wishing to make money out of it.
    Because the vast majority of students were complaining about things being dealt with my LEA's, and also in order to supposedly streamline things, the local authorities were done away with and only take calls from existing students. You have one building in one place these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roubiliac)
    I have sent a formal complaint to the web administrators about the behaviour of the mod on this forum about their ridiculous behaviour on this forum in reprimanding people for posting 'saynoto0870' links and for similar posts in other forums. 'Goderator' says exactly how they view themselves! I will probably now be banned by them for daring to post another criticism which they preciously interpret as 'abuse' If so, cheerio everyone and good luck.
    There was no reprimand, other than to say the numbers shouldn't be used because it goes through to an office that do not deal with processing issues. Although they can answer queries, they shouldn't be as they deal more with payment issues.

You'll note I have only warned you, and this would be down to your way of "discussing". I'm open to debate with people on various issues, as evident here. Nobody else has had any action against them, and at present I have no intentions of doing so.

On a final note, if you're going to try to report, maybe should do so by the reports function, rather than listing it as a complaint in my rep box. Still, gave me a laugh...

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone mind PM me the darlington number at all? Cheeky I know but I have waited months with no correspondance, not a single letter. I have sent my birth certificate and id samples to Darlington. I have no letter to say its been received or contact at all. Many are in the same boat I know...I too have no parents to help with money or food and just want to know where I stand. A few months without a single acknowledgment letter is getting too much and the people at the phone centre know nothing...45 phone calls and a bill i cant afford later ...i tried the 0141 only to be holding for 83 mins then I was cut off....

Tired of all this
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Great now the non 0845 phone number is not available anymore. "This number is no longer in operating" tssssssskkk.

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate that this thread is old, but all the telephone numbers, including the Darlington one everyone seems to want, are on the website under the 'our offices' section.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.