Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else taking a video recorder with them to Uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else taking a video recorder with them to Uni?

or am I just a little bit behind?

(I will also be taking a DVD recorder, to transfer all my VHS and Betamax* stuff to an external hard drive)

^^Although with a VHS machine that looks like a Digibox . . .

*I am a lover of 80s electronics

So will I look slightly stupid still using videos while at Uni or does anyone on here use/know another student who still uses videotapes?

ReputationRep:
    Whats a 'videotape'? and whats this 'VHS' device you speak of? :hmmmm:

Only joking

Ya sure why not. Take it with you. In fact, if you put the DVD recorder on top of the VHS player - then it will cancel out any 'raised eyebrows'.

If anyone asks just tell them you're 'retro' and like to roll 'old skool' :cool:

Or just tell them its a HI-FI sound docking station of some sort...or that you have a feeling it might come back in fashion

ReputationRep:
    Well the one snag with placing the DVD player and DVD recorder above the video machines is that I have a Betamax* machine . . . a top-loading (not front-loading) Betamax machine:

*for transferring old adverts to YouTube :P

ReputationRep:
    You're joking right?

Not only are you taking a VHS player....but also a betamax machine?

...and I suppose you're also taking a cassette player and a wind-up radio? Lol just kidding...

Just out of curiosity - have you uploaded many videos? I'd randomly be interested in checking out some old adverts. Whats your youtube channel name? (If you dont mind)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_qwerty)
    You're joking right?

Not only are you taking a VHS player....but also a betamax machine?

...and I suppose you're also taking a cassette player and a wind-up radio? Lol just kidding...

Just out of curiosity - have you uploaded many videos? I'd randomly be interested in checking out some old adverts. Whats your youtube channel name? (If you dont mind)
    I haven't uploaded any . . . yet.

That Betamax machine isn't actually as big as it looks in that picture.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AidanLunn

I'm gunna try and get the few bits of old TV continuity that I have o n VHS uploaded there before I start Uni (namely 3 BBC1 closedowns, a BBC2 open university start-up and some BBC1 continuity from the late 80s)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AidanLunn)
    Well the one snag with placing the DVD player and DVD recorder above the video machines is that I have a Betamax* machine . . . a top-loading (not front-loading) Betamax machine:

*for transferring old adverts to YouTube :P
    dont do it, a betamax machine for gods sake? why, oh why oh why would you bother?

ReputationRep:
    ^^ a) Because I like "retro" electronics and b) because I love old adverts and things - and I would like to post them on Tube of You.

And most working Betamax machines are Sanyo decks anyway, so reliability isn't an issue.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.