dog stung by a wasp in mouth Watch

This discussion is closed.
Pickford
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
she caught it and it stung her mouth. What can i do to help it ease the pain for her, lol. I dont wonna take her to the vets.
isawsparks89
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My dog did this once and we had to just let her wait it out - she might get quite a bit of swelling but she should be alright :yep: Should last a day, two tops.
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Put ice on it? Btw the thread title is really funny lol.
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OH MY ******* GOD THIS IS REALLLY IMPORTANT :rolleyes:
Anon the 7th
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
just let your dog wait it out

maybe ensure they drink plenty of water

its a bit more difficult to treat a dog than a human
Pickford
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
OH MY ******* GOD THIS IS REALLLY IMPORTANT :rolleyes:
My dog thinks so. She wont even eat one of her dog buscuits. She caught it (was a good catch tbh) and dropped it imediatly and ran into her bed licking her 'lips' lol. poor thing
fran.ha
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If she doesn't improve in the next few hours I'd take her to the vets, if she can't eat then it could be quite serious.
Pickford
Rep:
?
It only happened like 5 minutes ago. Think i'll take her for a walk, take her little mind off of it, lol.
AP123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, she's learned a valuable lesson today.
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pickford)
My dog thinks so. She wont even eat one of her dog buscuits. She caught it (was a good catch tbh) and dropped it imediatly and ran into her bed licking her 'lips' lol. poor thing
I got stung on my tongue by a wasp which was hiding in my drink when I was a kid, and I didn't die from starvation.
Pickford
Rep:
?
(Original post by AP123)
Well, she's a learned valuable lesson today.
You'd think so, wouldn't you. But i guarantee she will just do it again if she gets the chance, lol.
Kemik
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Put a bit of vinegar in its water. Neutralises wasp stings. Make sure it was a wasp and not a bee!
AutVinceriAutMori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got stung on my tongue by a wasp which was hiding in my drink when I was a kid, and I didn't die from starvation.
My grandmother got stung by a wasp that was hidden in raspberry, and she nearly died becuase of the allergic reaction- her tongue started swelling and she nearly suffocated. So it can be serious
G50
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As long as it's not in the back of the mouth (where it could swell and make breathing difficult), then it should be ok to wait it out.
Pickford
Rep:
?
i can see the stinger stuck in there, should i try and get it out or just let her get it out herself. She sin't a big fan of letting my put my hand in her mouth, espcially now that its hurting her, .

It's just near the front of her toung. She's eating and drinking now so hopefully it will come out.
Oogamy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You'd think so, wouldn't you. But i guarantee she will just do it again if she gets the chance, lol.
Batesian mimicry be a harsh mistress to dogs who identify buzzing yellow things with 'bad'.
MrAwesome
Report 9 years ago
Put the dog down. Problem solved.
anon193
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i can see the stinger stuck in there, should i try and get it out or just let her get it out herself.
If you can see the stinger it means its a bee I think... You should probably take it to the vet...
Farmboy_Pip
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i got stung by a wasp hiding i my drink too! only it was on my bottom lip..

i'm pretty sure i got taken to hospital..

it'll go down eventually
mahaneap
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Let it die.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed