Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

dog stung by a wasp in mouth Watch

ReputationRep:
    she caught it and it stung her mouth. What can i do to help it ease the pain for her, lol. I dont wonna take her to the vets.

ReputationRep:
    My dog did this once and we had to just let her wait it out - she might get quite a bit of swelling but she should be alright :yep: Should last a day, two tops.

ReputationRep:
    Put ice on it? Btw the thread title is really funny lol.

ReputationRep:
    OH MY ******* GOD THIS IS REALLLY IMPORTANT :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    just let your dog wait it out

maybe ensure they drink plenty of water

its a bit more difficult to treat a dog than a human

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    OH MY ******* GOD THIS IS REALLLY IMPORTANT :rolleyes:
    My dog thinks so. She wont even eat one of her dog buscuits. She caught it (was a good catch tbh) and dropped it imediatly and ran into her bed licking her 'lips' lol. poor thing

ReputationRep:
    If she doesn't improve in the next few hours I'd take her to the vets, if she can't eat then it could be quite serious.

ReputationRep:
    It only happened like 5 minutes ago. Think i'll take her for a walk, take her little mind off of it, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well, she's learned a valuable lesson today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickford)
    My dog thinks so. She wont even eat one of her dog buscuits. She caught it (was a good catch tbh) and dropped it imediatly and ran into her bed licking her 'lips' lol. poor thing
    I got stung on my tongue by a wasp which was hiding in my drink when I was a kid, and I didn't die from starvation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    Well, she's a learned valuable lesson today.
    You'd think so, wouldn't you. But i guarantee she will just do it again if she gets the chance, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Put a bit of vinegar in its water. Neutralises wasp stings. Make sure it was a wasp and not a bee!

ReputationRep:
    I got stung on my tongue by a wasp which was hiding in my drink when I was a kid, and I didn't die from starvation.
    My grandmother got stung by a wasp that was hidden in raspberry, and she nearly died becuase of the allergic reaction- her tongue started swelling and she nearly suffocated. So it can be serious

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's not in the back of the mouth (where it could swell and make breathing difficult), then it should be ok to wait it out.

ReputationRep:
    i can see the stinger stuck in there, should i try and get it out or just let her get it out herself. She sin't a big fan of letting my put my hand in her mouth, espcially now that its hurting her, .

It's just near the front of her toung. She's eating and drinking now so hopefully it will come out.

ReputationRep:
    You'd think so, wouldn't you. But i guarantee she will just do it again if she gets the chance, lol.
    Batesian mimicry be a harsh mistress to dogs who identify buzzing yellow things with 'bad'.

ReputationRep:
    Put the dog down. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    i can see the stinger stuck in there, should i try and get it out or just let her get it out herself.
    If you can see the stinger it means its a bee I think... You should probably take it to the vet...

ReputationRep:
    i got stung by a wasp hiding i my drink too! only it was on my bottom lip..

i'm pretty sure i got taken to hospital..

it'll go down eventually

ReputationRep:
    Let it die.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.