Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok...so im trying to work out what to put on the 'score card'..have to talk it over with my mate aswell who im doing the joint birthday night out with as its her birthday in the same week.

anyone that has played pub golf before does this score card (the drinks) seem alright?? i tryed to add in a few alco pops in there for the lasses that are coming along aswell because other wise they will not moan and not take part..

think it looks ok? what changes to drinks would you have?? i was thinking like a jagga bomb in there aswell?? that could go in 'hole 3' where i dont have anything yet??

also the W next to some holes means that hole is 'waterlogged' so there the only places you can go to the toliet...my mate said they did that once when he did it at uni so...

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Havers)
    ok...so im trying to work out what to put on the 'score card'..have to talk it over with my mate aswell who im doing the joint birthday night out with as its her birthday in the same week.

anyone that has played pub golf before does this score card (the drinks) seem alright?? i tryed to add in a few alco pops in there for the lasses that are coming along aswell because other wise they will not moan and not take part..

think it looks ok? what changes to drinks would you have?? i was thinking like a jagga bomb in there aswell?? that could go in 'hole 3' where i dont have anything yet??

also the W next to some holes means that hole is 'waterlogged' so there the only places you can go to the toliet...my mate said they did that once when he did it at uni so...

cheers
    Glass of wine maybe?

When I did pub golf, with a society at uni, we had 3 options. The regular version, the hardcore version, and the non-alcoholic version.

I think we had less stops than this though. I think the regular version on ours was
    1. Pint of beer
    2. Pint of cider
    3. Shot of sambuca
    4. Glass of wine
    5. Spirit and mixer
    6. Alcopop

The hardcore version either added extra things (eg, have a pint, and a shot), or made them bigger - large glass of wine, double and mixer, etc.

The toilet rule on yours is really harsh though!

ReputationRep:
    Also, when you're planning this you probably want to think about the different bars you're going to, and plan accordingly. If some bars are more expensive, you might want to pick cheaper drinks for them.

ReputationRep:
    I love a bit of Pub golf. Maybe some wine for the girls ?

That waterlogged thing is a good idea, not sure how long people would keep to it though.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by the par thing? Do you mean on hole 5, you'd have to have 5 shots/5 beers? Or is that just time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    What do you mean by the par thing? Do you mean on hole 5, you'd have to have 5 shots/5 beers? Or is that just time?
    It's how many gulps you have to down it in.
    So 5 is a pint, in 5 gulps.

The aim is to finish on or below par, and you compare scores at the end. The guy who won the first time I did one of these ended up wandering around Coventry in the small hours of the morning, thinking he was still in Leamington, and losing his glasses...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keziah)
    It's how many gulps you have to down it in.
    So 5 is a pint, in 5 gulps.

The aim is to finish on or below par, and you compare scores at the end. The guy who won the first time I did one of these ended up wandering around Coventry in the small hours of the morning, thinking he was still in Leamington, and losing his glasses...
    ahh thanks!

ReputationRep:
    That looks like a very easy game of Pub Golf, add a few more bars and lower the pars! When i played there were 12 bars involved and the pars were 2/3 the entire way through bar the first place which was 4 to get us started.

Anways try wine or wine spritzer, malibu and mixer or archers and mixer, and instead of giving a specific pint put pint of choice or a wine, or alcopop or whatever. Cocktails in places with offers or shooters, if somewhere does absinthe put it as an option for the brave people!

ReputationRep:
    I did a Pub Golf with Maths once, was the only person to down everything in one

We had to do:

Pint of Beer
    Alcopop
    Double-shot (e.g. Appletini = Apple Sourz + Martini)
    Can of Lager/Cider
    Double measure of Corky's
    Cocktail (VK, two shots, lemonade and cranberry/orange juice)
    Pint of Cider
    Cocktail
    Double Sambuca

:teeth:

Unbelievably fun, I made so many friends that night. HERO!

ReputationRep:
    cheers guys. im off out in leeds again 2night (thats where we are doing pub golf) and im gonna try and remember the bars i go in and stuff..coz normally i dont even pay attenshion ahahha

ReputationRep:
    I love pub golf! Maybe try to put a cocktail in instead of one of the beers (long island ice teas are good). Also, we did baileys with lime cordial in it to make it curdle ..... yum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    I love pub golf! Maybe try to put a cocktail in instead of one of the beers (long island ice teas are good). Also, we did baileys with lime cordial in it to make it curdle ..... yum
    ive had to have one of them. fair to say i ran to the toliet to chuck it back up!! (the curdled baileys) ... never again, it was like a mushy weetabix with gone off milk soaked into it.

ReputationRep:
    Got any games to play Pub to Pub?

Got balloon chest to chest with partner no hands, cant touch the ground.
    Piggy Backs

need a lot more! LOVE Pub Golf.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite easy, I did something like this and everyone shot about 20 under par.

You also shouldn't repeat the same drink or give them choices. Its either cider or beer, not a choice.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.