The Student Room Group

Reply from the Treasury

I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on a cryptic email my boyfriend just received from the Treasury. He's applied for their policy advisor scheme & attended the interviews last week, which are the last round. He has just been sent this email & neither of us can figure out what it means:

Thank you for attending the recent interview for the Policy Advisor vacancies at HM Treasury.

As you are probably aware, interviews did continue until the end July and we will not be reviewing all of the results until mid August, so I’m afraid that at this point in time, I cannot confirm whether we will be able to offer you a position at the Treasury.

I can tell you that you did meet the required standards for Policy Advisor positions, but we cannot confirm offers of employment until the selection process has been completed, and we have a firmer idea of the number of vacancies available matched against those who have met the standard. In the meantime, if you would like to receive feedback on your application, please contact me, and I will arrange for someone to contact you.

I would like to thank you for your patience, and I will contact you again with further information as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

HM Treasury Recruitment Team

So is he on the waiting list for a position, or is it just something they've probably sent to everyone apologising for the wait? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
There is no waiting list. All you can tell from that is that he has passed through the minimum standards filter and hasn't been rejected at this stage, that there is a delay, that they don't know how many posts there will be, and that he may still receive an offer.

Latest

Trending

Trending