Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anonymous or delete.

I really don't know what to do - my parents have been really pissed off with me lately and it's my fault. I've been living alone half this school year (6th year) and so have had a lot of freedom. In that time I studied a lot but I also partied alot. I kept that all from my parents and came across that I was studying until exam results which turned out bad. I've already got an uncoditional for my course but they think with this major slump of grades that I wasted their money, lost their trust, lied to them and were basically hating my guts.

Last night I went out with a friend because he came here to show me his car and I said I would be back in five minutes. It turns out we took it for a drive and were away for 45 mins. At that time I left my mobile at home so my dad went on it, looked at all my texts and tried to figure out who I was with. He phoned/texted my friend "**** you one more time you come here" but worst of all he found out I'm secretly having a relationship with a muslim girl. The reason I never told them was because I know my parents wouldn't like it but I wouldn't give up a girl like her, she's one in a million. He also text her telling her to F*** off. When I got back I got in major ****, majorly told off - I feel like my parents hate me.

I don't know what to make of it - I feel like a loser, very dissapointed, ashamed, I let everyone down. All these years I've been getting good grades (A's and B's) but this year I screwed up. I learnt my lesson and told my parents I will never let it happen again, I'll calm down and study all the time when University starts.

What do you guys make of it? Did my parents over react? Am I wrong? Please help

ReputationRep:
    Wow...there's a lot there! Your parents seemed to have overreacted, but it might have been better to have been honest with them from the start about everything. that way they wouldn't have felt so cheated and wouldn't be so mad now.
    I guess now you can concentrate on proving yourself at Uni.
    But it's still your life.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm a lot of stuff going on there. You said you were living alone - were you nearby your parents though? It sounds familiar, going off the rails for a bit. It'll just take time to get back in their good books and prove they can trust you again, especially as it's the summer holidays. Talk to them about your gf if you can and keep things open. Trust me, I know how stressful it can be to keep hiding things and lying

ReputationRep:
    They text people from your phone telling them to **** off?

I'd stab them, for real. The only people allowed to do that, are, drunken pub friends. (No, not car friend)

ReputationRep:
    hahaha- sounds funny
    sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with stabbing them.

Okay, don't.

I think it's definitely an over reaction. They obviously care about you and want what they think is best; but you have to learn for yourself and experience it for yourself. Find a balance between partying and studying... it's possible

ReputationRep:
    well.. this is nothing compared how i get told off for nothing much of a reason... regarding ur studies i would just get the grades in the coming exams and slam the results sheet on their face... this would shut them up in a nice way....i c nothing wrong in ur dad telling u off for coming back late... although u wont like it nw.. u will be diciplened when u growup....:P... this looks like the indian way of bringing up the children.. coz my parents and my friends parents r exactly the same to wht ur like.. i knw wht it feels like...:P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.