Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If your bf really screwed up, what would you want them to do to say sorry apart from actually uttering the words? I don't mean screwed up as in cheated, but sort of inadvertently insulting them hugely.

ReputationRep:
    Public humiliation

ReputationRep:
    I would want them to be sorry/look guilty and make attempts to make up for it. People say sorry all the time, doesnt mean they feel it.

ReputationRep:
    For Him to come round with a bunch of flowers and for him to apologise and ask for my forgiveness

ReputationRep:
    Mean it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    I would want them to be sorry/look guilty and make attempts to make up for it. People say sorry all the time, doesnt mean they feel it.
    What sorts of attempts to make up for it? Any ideas?

(Original post by sequin12)
    For Him to come round with a bunch of flowers and for him to apologise and ask for my forgiveness
    Mmm. That might just work . Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Presents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousOne)
    What sorts of attempts to make up for it? Any ideas?
    Firstly, they would have to immediately undo the thing they had done wrong, and make that better (its hard to advise here because we don't know that much).
    But then I'd make an extra effort go for a meal or pull the stops out by making a special picnic or CD or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Firstly, they would have to immediately undo the thing they had done wrong, and make that better (its hard to advise here because we don't know that much).
    But then I'd make an extra effort go for a meal or pull the stops out by making a special picnic or CD or something.
    Cheers . Already done the presents route lol. But a meal might b a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    Personally if someone is going to say sorry to me about something, im not reall worried about the extra stuff like a gift (although one wont go a miss :p:) I think as long as the person has righted the problem and means what they are saying that is the one main thing i would expect from a apology.

ReputationRep:
    Make him drink a week old leftover cooking fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Personally if someone is going to say sorry to me about something, im not reall worried about the extra stuff like a gift (although one wont go a miss :p:) I think as long as the person has righted the problem and means what they are saying that is the one main thing i would expect from a apology.
    Problem is there is a physical distance between us at the moment. Cause I'm not seeing her for a few more days. So a sincere apology is hard to give. Cause there is no face to face chat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Mean it
    I agree. Take her out somewhere and tell her how you feel. A few gifts wouldnt hurt too

ReputationRep:
    do something overly romantic! and not some cliche bull ****, like something he's actually put time and effort in to.. i would want to know that he meant it when he said sorry, and do everything in his power to put things right again.

but once i've forgiven him, i won't condemn his actions for the rest of the relationship.. forgive and forget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    Make him drink a week old leftover cooking fat.
    haha! i'm assuming that's from friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousOne)
    Problem is there is a physical distance between us at the moment. Cause I'm not seeing her for a few more days. So a sincere apology is hard to give. Cause there is no face to face chat.

MOOOONPIG

moonpig.com? send her a card?

(i always wondered when the hell youd actually use moonpig, now I know!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    but your a male, so ur view point is of a males, pretty right, but girls mind works differently :yes: no offence to girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    but your a male, so ur view point is of a males, pretty right, but girls mind works differently :yes: no offence to girls
    I totally agree with what tom_tom_tom said. Not all girls are materialistic.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for all the suggestions guys. . They are all good. No trolls so far XD. Anyone else got some? I'm definitely giving my admittedly worthless rep to the best.

ReputationRep:
    Well, now that some worthless rep is up for grabs, I guess I'll join in too then

Feel guilty. Hah, sounds pretty weird but if she can see that you feel really crap and guilty about what you've done, she'll know you mean it. If she's still mad at you, don't pester her. If she's ready to forgive, she just needs more grovelling efforts from you to reprise her self-respect.

And of course, a few little gifts can't hurt either way Expect her to reject them at first, but make sure she gets them in a way such that she can't return them, sent/left anonymously or something

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.