Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who's applied there? I can't make up my mind if i'm happy about applying there...
    I hear its quite social and what not, but its far away from Headingly and is cut off.
    Any past experiences people want to share? Was it still easy to get involved with studenty things going on at the union etc etc.?

Also, anyone applied for Clarence who are studying Biology? :rolleyes:

Basically, i need some reassurance im not going to be the only one sitting around in the entire block. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think i might have applied there. I can't really remember, i'm pretty sure it began with a c though.

Am i right in saying Headingly is the main student area ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThemThereEyes)
    I think i might have applied there. I can't really remember, i'm pretty sure it began with a c though.

Am i right in saying Headingly is the main student area ?
    aha, how can you not remember?! could have been carrmills? and yeah headingly is the main student area...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistth12)
    aha, how can you not remember?! could have been carrmills? and yeah headingly is the main student area...
    Thought so.

Lol, it was a while back now and there were a fair few places many to choose from. Carmills doesn't ring any bells, so i guess it must have been Clarence Dock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThemThereEyes)
    Thought so.

Lol, it was a while back now and there were a fair few places many to choose from. Carmills doesn't ring any bells, so i guess it must have been Clarence Dock.
    I cant work out if its a good place to actually be....

ReputationRep:
    I like Clarence Dock.

ReputationRep:
    Well from what i remember.

There are quite a few rooms, like 600.
    Its close to the city centre, and a bus ride away from the uni.

I just it all depends on the people that are going to be there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistth12)
    Who's applied there? I can't make up my mind if i'm happy about applying there...
    I hear its quite social and what not, but its far away from Headingly and is cut off.
    Any past experiences people want to share? Was it still easy to get involved with studenty things going on at the union etc etc.?

Also, anyone applied for Clarence who are studying Biology? :rolleyes:

Basically, i need some reassurance im not going to be the only one sitting around in the entire block. :p:
    I'm feeling the same too. I've heard it's a nice place to stay but it's a little further out than the rest of places.

On the plus side we are closer to most pubs, bars etc... I don't think we'll be that cut off.

Anybody else in Clarence Dock doing Theatre and Performance?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.