Turn on thread page Beta

Is it humanly possible to keep your ipod scratchfree? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Well basically i just brought a brand spanking new ipod classic 120gb for 175 quid and ive had it just under a week, put a new case on it a day after I got it, after trying a few cases, i take it out of its case today and lo and behold 4 lovely surface scratches on the back and one on the front left hand corner...

I know there this feeling that when you get a new electronic or infact anything new that you want to keep it clean and neat for as long as possible but eventually it does get scratched/damaged..

but i just wanted to know if there is anyone that has managed to keep thier ipod scratch/blemish free for a long time and if so, how?

ReputationRep:
    I've got the iPod touch and I've had it since January, it's still in great condition, or it was until a couple of months ago, when I went to the beach and it got scratched.
    All I did was keep it in a plastic case.
    I actually don't think it's possible to keep it in perfect condition if you use it on a regular basis. If you find a way to do it though, you'll make a fortune!

ReputationRep:
    I've had my iPod Nano Gen 4 since December. Use it almost everyday. It's got no scratches, surprisingly. I'm just really careful with it- I bought one of those silicone covers and also keep it in a cotton sock thing *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    I used one of Knomo? cases for my ipod 4g, stayed in decent condition. Then I used it once too often in the bath and the steam fried the circuits

ReputationRep:
    No, mine (iphone) has scratched despite being in a case from day 1.

ReputationRep:
    Case would probably be the best way.. I used to have mine in a case but gave up in the end

ReputationRep:
    I've had my iPod for 2 years now and its virtually scratch-free except for a few little ones from when I've dropped it and the case has come off but my headphones however are dead

ReputationRep:
    My iphone is totally smashed due to an unfortunate accident with a horse up a mountain in Ecuador. I think it's impossible to keep it scratch free, even if you had a case for it or kept it in a sock, there's always times when you have to put in down unexpectedly, or drop it etc. or it rubs against other things in your bag.

Havinng said that, I actually prefer my iphone smashed. It makes it different to everyone else's, and it's a memory of my time exploring in Ecuador. It doesn't interfere with how it works, so I think I'll just keep it the way it is. Embrace your scratches! It shows it's well loved :yes:

I've got a red iPod Nano 4th gen and it's totally scratched but then I think it looks ok because it shows I use it alot and I love it.

ReputationRep:
    You can get almost indestructible protective film to put on it, but personally it doesn't bother me enough to fork out for it.

ReputationRep:
    well i can still see my pretty reflection at the back of my ipod so yeh its scratch free :yep:

ReputationRep:
    when I brought my phone brand new on the day I put it in my bag which I didn't know was also carrying my nail filer =(
    gutted =(

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.