Turn on thread page Beta

How to stop people putting junk through your door? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello, over the last few months I have been getting a load of rubbish through my door about 5 or 6 leaflets a day, and I think it’s such a waste of paper :mad: .

And what annoys me more is when you see a mother walking round with a bag of leaflets and giving them to her kids to put through your letterbox and she’s getting paid to do nothing :eek: !.

I have put a sign on my door with but they ALL ignore it :confused: and put them in my letter box anyway. And I have asked everyone I caught to stop putting them through but they all just give you blank/evil looks

I mean why give me funny looks? Did I ask you to trespass on my property and put a load of unwanted junk through my door please .:curious: ???

Any Ideas… :cool:

ReputationRep:
    nail the letterbox shut

or save up all the leaflets then follow them home and post them through their door

ReputationRep:
    Change the sign for one that says
    "Stop giving me leaflets. Go find a real job" :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    If you've put a sign up, there's probably not much else you can do. I wouldn't worry about it - we get a lot of free papers, takeaway menus and flyers and just put them in the recycling bin. Unless there are vouchers! To be honest, it doesn't seem worth getting annoyed about!

ReputationRep:
    collect them all up and dump them through the letter box of the most prominent poster?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someguy1963)
    throw faeces at them
    Do this.

Oh, and they are hardly trespassing your property illegally to deliver a leaflet.

ReputationRep:
    they dont care if you put a sign up- they will probably laugh at you and think what a prat.

They're only earning a living, how much hassle is it for you to pick them up and put them in the recycling bin?!

But yeahh it is veryy annoying!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm always getting stuff put through my door, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Just throw it away or even better, recycle it.

I don't understand your annoyance.

ReputationRep:
    Get a sign, should deter at least some of the distributors.

Torching their balls seems to be in right now.

ReputationRep:
    spank 'em in the ass with their leaflets for intrusion into private property

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

This is the link to stop junk mail.

It's linked to in this BBC article.

(OK, so it won't stop leaflets, but Reader's Digest won't mail you anymore).

ReputationRep:
    Put a sign saying 'beware the dog'

or stand in front of your door holding a shotgun, that'll scare them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spanghew)
    Change the sign for one that says
    "Stop giving me leaflets. Go find a real job" :dontknow:
    If it was my job, I'd probably put ten times more junk down your letter box just for the sheer nerve of that. Some people are just doing a job, you know. Especially in the case of students, who don't usually have as much choice in work (especially not in these times). A little diplomacy goes a lot further. "Please no junk mail, thank you" always worked for me. Anything rude certainly isn't going to work better.

ReputationRep:
    Attach a shredder to the back of your letterbox.

ReputationRep:
    Shotgun

ReputationRep:
    Get a BUlldog

ReputationRep:
    hide your letterbox.. or disguise it and only tell the postman/woman where to put your post.

or there was this thing on jonathan creek once where people stood on a certain point and these little spikes came up out of the floor and electrocuted them. you could try that.

ReputationRep:
    @DJK.G1 Achually they are; anyone who comes onto your land without your prior consent is tresspassing in the eyes of the law (appart from the postman) becouse they have no valid reason to be there.

And ok people need to make a living, but on some days when i come home from work there is up to 15 leaflets (on one day i counted 25 !) i wouldent mind just 1 or 2 but its beond a joke now. i said on my op that it was 5 - 6 leaflets but thats per delivery agent, sometimes there are 3 or 4 people putting 5 or 6 leaflets in my door.

I think you would be a little frustrated as well, i shouldent have to use my resouces to destroy them. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    sit at ur door with a stick.. as soon as they come , open ur door and run at them and beat them to death.. tht should keep the others away.. or hve a notice on ur door saying... i will beat u to death if u dare put a leaflet in my house... lol

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.