Turn on thread page Beta

Quinn Direct Car Insurance ? watch

ReputationRep:
    just dont do it with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NStocks)
    I'm getting a car in about 5 weeks ( maybe a Seat Ibiza, not even gone out for a test drive ! )... I've looked on gocompare etc. and rung a few places up and the cheapest is Quinn Direct. Comprehensive is around £1,400. The next quote is around £2,500 ! Is anyone on here insured with Quinn ? What's you experience with them ? Are they reliable, what did they ' offer ' you when you had a accident ?

I've heard that their prices are so cheap because their service is rubbish, but just want to hear from other before I get a car.

Thanks
    I was with them as a learner and for about 6 months after I passed my test and they did give me a good price, but when I did have an accident they were incredibly slow to sort it all out and messed up several major things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NStocks)
    I'm getting a car in about 5 weeks ( maybe a Seat Ibiza, not even gone out for a test drive ! )... I've looked on gocompare etc. and rung a few places up and the cheapest is Quinn Direct. Comprehensive is around £1,400. The next quote is around £2,500 ! Is anyone on here insured with Quinn ? What's you experience with them ? Are they reliable, what did they ' offer ' you when you had a accident ?

I've heard that their prices are so cheap because their service is rubbish, but just want to hear from other before I get a car.

Thanks
    I was with Quinn for 4 years up until October. They have been having financial problems (think they went into administration a while back) and as a result have been trying to discourage young drivers by putting the price up because we are supposedly the most likely to crash and claim on the policy. I found that when I first joined them their price was the cheapest, but my most recent quote was twice as much as Admiral which is why I decided to leave them. This makes me surprised that they gave you your cheapest quote.

I never had to claim from them, but other than offering me a ridiculous renewal price their customer service has been great. Last year the price was a bit high so I rang them up and they knocked £70 off for me so that I would stay.

Have you tried adding someone else onto your policy? I have my mum as a named driver and this brought the cost down.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.