Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quinn Direct Car Insurance ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    just dont do it with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NStocks)
    I'm getting a car in about 5 weeks ( maybe a Seat Ibiza, not even gone out for a test drive ! )... I've looked on gocompare etc. and rung a few places up and the cheapest is Quinn Direct. Comprehensive is around £1,400. The next quote is around £2,500 ! Is anyone on here insured with Quinn ? What's you experience with them ? Are they reliable, what did they ' offer ' you when you had a accident ?

I've heard that their prices are so cheap because their service is rubbish, but just want to hear from other before I get a car.

Thanks
    I was with them as a learner and for about 6 months after I passed my test and they did give me a good price, but when I did have an accident they were incredibly slow to sort it all out and messed up several major things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NStocks)
    I'm getting a car in about 5 weeks ( maybe a Seat Ibiza, not even gone out for a test drive ! )... I've looked on gocompare etc. and rung a few places up and the cheapest is Quinn Direct. Comprehensive is around £1,400. The next quote is around £2,500 ! Is anyone on here insured with Quinn ? What's you experience with them ? Are they reliable, what did they ' offer ' you when you had a accident ?

I've heard that their prices are so cheap because their service is rubbish, but just want to hear from other before I get a car.

Thanks
    I was with Quinn for 4 years up until October. They have been having financial problems (think they went into administration a while back) and as a result have been trying to discourage young drivers by putting the price up because we are supposedly the most likely to crash and claim on the policy. I found that when I first joined them their price was the cheapest, but my most recent quote was twice as much as Admiral which is why I decided to leave them. This makes me surprised that they gave you your cheapest quote.

I never had to claim from them, but other than offering me a ridiculous renewal price their customer service has been great. Last year the price was a bit high so I rang them up and they knocked £70 off for me so that I would stay.

Have you tried adding someone else onto your policy? I have my mum as a named driver and this brought the cost down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.