Turn on thread page Beta

When guys call girls 'dude' watch

ReputationRep:
    What does this mean?

I met this guy and as I have got to know him more he has started to call me dude, so I'm guessing that it means he sees me as a friend? I'm assuming that it means there is no romantic interest there as you wouldn't really call someone you fancy 'dude'?

The times he has said have been when saying goodbye and he has said 'see you later dude.'

I suppose I can sort of see it as a good thing as he has only started to call me it as I have got to know him better so he sees me as a friend?

ReputationRep:
    Don't look too much into it tbh. My boyfriend calls me slut chops sometimes. I assume he doesn't really believe my chops to be slutty so it doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who uses the word "dude" is a ****.

ReputationRep:
    I call all the girls i know dude...but theres none i find attractive but if i did find one attractive id probally call her dude anyway so i didnt give it away that i likes her

ReputationRep:
    It's just a word, he could call you a ****, get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Just habitual casual slang. A few of my friends use Dude all the time (usually with saying hi or bye), doesn't mean a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lachlan)
    Anyone who uses the word "dude" is a ****.
    Thanks

I use dude, I used it with girls tooo.

Just like some girls use the word GUYS to there girlfriends, which some people find odd...

Oh and i wouldn't use the word dude to someone i was attracted too. :yes:

It's the same as mate, guy, people, peeps, ya'll, you all, suckas, etc etc etc, although i only use the first 3 (and dude ofcourse :coma:) :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Thanks

I use dude, I used it with girls tooo.

Just like some girls use the word GUYS to there girlfriends, which some people find odd...

Oh and i wouldn't use the word dude to someone i was attracted too. :yes:
    Dude is just such an Americanism, have some respect for the English Language! :p:

ReputationRep:
    it's just a word

Don't read into it so much

ReputationRep:
    get it right you call girls 'dudettes' :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bingobongo)
    What does this mean?

I met this guy and as I have got to know him more he has started to call me dude, so I'm guessing that it means he sees me as a friend? I'm assuming that it means there is no romantic interest there as you wouldn't really call someone you fancy 'dude'?

The times he has said have been when saying goodbye and he has said 'see you later dude.'

I suppose I can sort of see it as a good thing as he has only started to call me it as I have got to know him better so he sees me as a friend?
    i call my girls friends dude sometimes its just a friend thing, nothing more

ReputationRep:
    I think you're over thinking this whole thing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It means you worry too much

ReputationRep:
    reading too much into things perhaps? i call everyone dude. i call my dog dude. i call my bf dude even though he hates it...

dude is my generic name for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarjunkie001)
    reading too much into things perhaps? i call everyone dude. i call my dog dude. i call my bf dude even though he hates it...

dude is my generic name for everyone
    Me too. I don't say it often but I prefer it to the chavvy 'mate' or the snobby 'darrrrling' lol. It's just a word :dontknow:

Don't read too much into it dude x

ReputationRep:
    Actually if I call a girl 'dude' or 'mate' (rarely) it generally means I do like them. It's something to do with trying to pretend we're not interested, and it's totally subconcious.

ReputationRep:
    'Dude' is a bit of a go-to word for me.

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I say "dude" to anyone.
    Doesn't matter if it's a guy or a girl/friends or family.

ReputationRep:
    Once, a guy (who later admitted to fancying me) called me a dickmagnet and a stalker . :lolwut:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.