Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so I've got a dress. It's a Dolce & Gabbana bustier bodycon dress and I'm struggling to decide how to accessorise it. I was planning on 'gothing it up' a bit, with an All Saints spiked leather cuff, which I'm still considering...
    But now I'm wondering whether I should go for more plain/simple silver jewellery? Ahhh help!

Oh and I also need an outfit for a 'high school' disco which is the night after I'm wearing the D&G number. I keep looking at LBD's naturally, so can anyone give me some ideas of something I would wear to a disco that is still rock chick but still disco-ey at the same time and not necessarily black?

I really do need your help! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I love that dress, its beautiful. I'd probably just keep it really simple, like with nude heels, a black clutch and silver drop earrings. A bit like Reese Witherspoon here: http://averagejanefashion.files.word...-nude-shoe.jpg

That might sound a bit boring, but I think that wearing edgy accessories would take the attention off the dress and cheapen it a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x Kris x)
    I love that dress, its beautiful. I'd probably just keep it really simple, like with nude heels, a black clutch and silver drop earrings. A bit like Reese Witherspoon here: http://averagejanefashion.files.word...-nude-shoe.jpg

That might sound a bit boring, but I think that wearing edgy accessories would take the attention off the dress and cheapen it a bit.
    I agree. Keep it simple.. The dress is beautiful btw.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm..
    black shoes!
    earrings but otherwise i think don't wear jewellery, the dress is stunning!
    just make sure your hair is lovely! and if you want to be edgy wear smokey eyes or something
    Very Angelina Jolie!

ReputationRep:
    I've got a black clutch, it's envelope style, mock croc - it's quite big though?
    I'm wearing Vivienne Westwood heels with it;

Bracelet ideas? Rings?

ReputationRep:
    I think black dresses are lovely with bold coloured heels... like bright pink. There are some really nice pinks in at the moment and it can bring an outfit alive. And maybe a chunky necklace?
    I think you can do anything with a little black dress.
    P.S. Have a good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly_1)
    I think black dresses are lovely with bold coloured heels... like bright pink. There are some really nice pinks in at the moment and it can bring an outfit alive. And maybe a chunky necklace?
    I think you can do anything with a little black dress.
    P.S. Have a good night.
    yes! this. They look good with either something like bright pink or really bold turquoise. And then keep accessories simple - make a statement of your shoes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    yes! this. They look good with either something like bright pink or really bold turquoise. And then keep accessories simple - make a statement of your shoes!

Yep I totally agree with the turquoise and hot pink, either would be perfect!

ReputationRep:
    I've already bought the shoes. It's more of a jewellery issue I'm having. Like do I wear a necklace? I just can't decide whether go completely naked jewellery wise, and not wear any, or wear statement jewellery?

ReputationRep:
    One piece of statement jewellery

And the clutch will be fine

Edited to say, I think the spiky bracelet would be fine, but a wide cuff might be more sophisticated. You seem to have a very clear idea of your own image and it wouldn't be good to subvert that too much.

Addressing the disco-y rock chick, not black, what about navy or a pewter shade of dress or top?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I've already bought the shoes. It's more of a jewellery issue I'm having. Like do I wear a necklace? I just can't decide whether go completely naked jewellery wise, and not wear any, or wear statement jewellery?

Don't make a statement, them shoes are quite clunky and the dress is beautiful and v.v. fitted. I'm assuming you have the curves, in which case let the dress do the talking. You're good looking enough to wear simple clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Love the shoes!
    Don't wear toomuch jewellery - just one piece. I would wear earrings so attention isn't taken away from the dress and shoes.

ReputationRep:
    If I was wearing the dress I wouldn't have put those shoes with it but I know you're a heel virgin etc. and you really love them. It's got a gothy vibe with those shoes anyway so I think you should get some black jewellery too because anything else will probably look out of place.

I'd say some earrings with your hair up or a necklace if you're wearing it down. And maybe a small bracelet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Don't make a statement, them shoes are quite clunky and the dress is beautiful and v.v. fitted. I'm assuming you have the curves, in which case let the dress do the talking. You're good looking enough to wear simple clothes.
    Yeah I'm very curvy, like the picture but with slightly larger hips! (Kim Kardashian but with small boobs lol).

I think I'm not gonna wear any jewellery, except my flesh tunnels (black with clear diamante) and keep it simple. I'd love to ditch the glasses, but I dunno if I can get any contact lenses sorted in time.

Nails... what colour nail polish?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm very curvy, like the picture but with slightly larger hips! (Kim Kardashian but with small boobs lol).

I think I'm not gonna wear any jewellery, except my flesh tunnels (black with clear diamante) and keep it simple. I'd love to ditch the glasses, but I dunno if I can get any contact lenses sorted in time.

Black and shiny, definitely

Take pictures! >_<

ReputationRep:
    I'm having my photo taken professionally, with 3 actors from the film Twilight so there'll be pictures!!!
    I'm also gonna take my camera so I'll be photo happy that day lol.

ReputationRep:

How long do you have to sort the contact lenses? If you want daily disposables (easiest to get used to I think) you usually go in for your eye test, and if you're suitable have a go getting them in and out. They'll then send you away with around 4-7 days worth of contacts to trial, which you'll wear for increasing lengths of time. You then go back in, have your eyes looked at again; and if you had no issues buy a months worth or set up a contract depending on how you want to do it.

If you don't have a week, you could just time a few hours of trial over the time you'd be out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isis07)
    How long do you have to sort the contact lenses? If you want daily disposables (easiest to get used to I think) you usually go in for your eye test, and if you're suitable have a go getting them in and out. They'll then send you away with around 4-7 days worth of contacts to trial, which you'll wear for increasing lengths of time. You then go back in, have your eyes looked at again; and if you had no issues buy a months worth or set up a contract depending on how you want to do it.

If you don't have a week, you could just time a few hours of trial over the time you'd be out?
    Oh, lol. Contact lenses and me = not an easy quick thing like most people. I've been for the trial and all that, paid £60 but the pair they ordered were extremely uncomfortable because of my ridiculous eyesight. I'd have to pay for a bespoke pair, but I doubt I've got time. I'll look into it though, I'd love to not be stuck with the 'secretary' look lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having my photo taken professionally, with 3 actors from the film Twilight so there'll be pictures!!!
    I'm also gonna take my camera so I'll be photo happy that day lol.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek3:
    you are so lucky!!!!
    try goth earings like these http://gothstore.piratemerch.com/ima...ngs_200966.jpg
    i just googled them but maybe you can find them in a nice shop on the high street
    no necklce if you have nice earings
    a nice diamond ring would be gorgeous
    nails should be nude colour or french manicure i think

ReputationRep:
    Stunning dress. For jewellery I'd suggest nothing except a ring, nothing too big or blingy, perhaps a black stone set in dull gold. I'd keep the make-up simple with just a slick of eyeliner and natural looking lips. Let the dress do the talking

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.