Turn on thread page Beta

ok, this is a fairly annoying but very embarresing problem.

everytime i sleep, i wake up with white marks around my mouth...due to me dribbling i think, in the night.
    i dont get why i do this, or how 2 stop. and when i sleep my mouth is always shut anyway also, i dont understand why my dribble goes WHITE!! :eek3: IT LOOKS DODGY!!

ergh, its causing me probs, and i make up excuses 2 prevent me from going on over night trips/holidays/stays....

TSR PLEASE HELP!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    How far away is your dad's bedroom?

lol, please serious help!!

ReputationRep:
    Why make excuses? Keep a pack of wet wipes by your bead and give your face a quick wipe in the morning when you wake up.

Its normal, I used to do it as a kid.
    There are ways you could try prevent it though. Are you drinking enough water during the day? Try to drink 8 glasses or more if you don't already do so. Also, are your saliva glands over active? Do you sometimes dribble during the day? If so, see your GP.

ReputationRep:
    Well saliva doesn't turn white as far as I'm aware. Unless it's very dry. Drink more?

ReputationRep:
    ^ ouch, sticky situation

.... it could be your toothpaste? I was getting annoying build ups from mcleans whitening toothpaste,
    switched back to colgate and problem was gone. I'd also try switching your diet around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    LOL.

ReputationRep:
    yeh its pretty normal to be honest, i dribble all the time in my sleep....erm just wash your face when you wake up? or try really hard to sleep with your head facing upwards? haha i dunno...

Well saliva doesn't turn white as far as I'm aware. Unless it's very dry. Drink more?
    yeah, thats what i dont get!? if u dribble in the day - it doesnt go white!!

and i am drinking loads of water in the day, and my diets ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    :rofl: I need to give you some rep for that later on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    :rofl: :ahee: + rep for you :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    i lolled. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    yeah, thats what i dont get!? if u dribble in the day - it doesnt go white!!

and i am drinking loads of water in the day, and my diets ok
    If you left the dribble on your skin during the day, you would get white water marks.
    As it happens, you wouldn't walk about with dribble on your face during the day so you wipe it away.
    It is normal! I would increase how much you drink though, even if you are drinking enough. Some people require more water and this is what it sounds like to me.

ReputationRep:
    It's dribble big deal keep wet wipes near your bed its not that bad that you have to avoid going and staying round peoples houses!

ReputationRep:
    Saliva is salty ... when the water evaporates the salts get left behind at the corners of your mouth. Just lick it off when you wake up? It's already been in your mouth so what harm will it do going back in there?

There are other much more important things that you could be worrying about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    :rofl: I need to give you some rep for that later on.
    (Original post by Alex D)
    + rep for you
    (Original post by hungryhippo)
    i lolled.
    :top2:

ReputationRep:
    Drink more water :yy:

Seriously, oh and put vaseline on your lips before you go to bed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.