Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So it turns out she's underage. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can understand, 15 is pretty young. If you really like her then I'm sure you can get past it however if it all seems too complicated to be worth it then just walk away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    Ever heard of statutory rape?
    And?
    No one is hardly ever prosecuted for this situation, there's even laws that reduce the risk of this in people who are as young as in this case.

ReputationRep:
    I think this obsession with age is wrong. If you're happy with her, and shes happy with you, see her. Do not let age stop you. You should be more careful, more subtle about sex than with girls overage, simply for potential legal implications, but otherwise see her if it makes you happy.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go there tbh. Anyway, she's barely turned 15... she's still a bloody child, no matter how mature she seems to act. Imagine introducing her to your mates... "this is my gf, she's doing her GCSEs".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbaman98)
    And?
    No one is hardly ever prosecuted for this situation, there's even laws that reduce the risk of this in people who are as young as in this case.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...otos-Bebo.html

This boy is still on the Sex Offenders Register and on probation and he was cleared!

ReputationRep:
    tbh i think any normal decent person would see no problem with you taking it a step further...but the law is an ass and you should be very, very carfeful.

what a stupid world we live in. i met my gf when i was 16 and she was 15....and i decided to wait until her 16th for my own sake. personally, i dont see what the law thinks it is acheiving by this....just seems to be more ridiculous paranoia over those imaginary legions of paedos which are apparently lurking behind every playpark and shoolyard :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...otos-Bebo.html

This boy is still on the Sex Offenders Register and on probation and he was cleared!
    Well there's gonna be one or two cases of it, but a huge number of people have been in situations like this or similar. It just generally doesn't happen, and you can't deny that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbaman98)
    Well there's gonna be one or two cases of it, but a huge number of people have been in situations like this or similar. It just generally doesn't happen, and you can't deny that.
    I can and I do, he barely knows this girl/her family - if they found out they could get him investigated at the least even if she does complain against him. That kinda stuff can mess up his life even if he never gets into real trouble.

ReputationRep:
    If she's underage, wait until she's legal. It will save you a lot of trouble

ReputationRep:
    get on with relationship but no sex ook

ReputationRep:
    I can and I do, he barely knows this girl/her family - if they found out they could get him investigated at the least even if she does complain against him. That kinda stuff can mess up his life even if he never gets into real trouble.
    But he's already said he doesn't plan on doing anything with her, until they're closer. It's not like he's gonna run to her house and shag her now.
    I agree it can mess up your life if you are investigated but 999 times out of 1000 nothing is ever done.

ReputationRep:
    If shes 15, and seems mature, then in the eyes of the law its BETTER (not right [according to law i mean]) than say a 13-14 year old

ReputationRep:
    i dont see anything wrong with it at all. i know a girl thats 15 and has been with 17/18 year olds. she's fine with it. her parents aren't particulary happy, but oh well

ReputationRep:
    please don't even enter into a relationship.

Maybe just be friends in a professional sense.

People can always 'assume' you're having sex with her and men are often viewed as sexual predators.

Unlike in say Eastern Europe/Arabia/South Asia people in this country are not usually accepting of cases of 20yr old men going out with 16/17 yr old girls (regardless of what the law says).

Please just keep yourself safe. Not going out with her is a small price to pay.

ReputationRep:
    Ever heard of statutory rape?
    That law's a dubious one. It contravenes the concept of consent. Besides, I've not known girls under the age of 16 that have had an abortion to be involved with the criminal law. Then again, the law says I'll be locked up in jail for twenty years for piracy. *downloads*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I wouldn't go there tbh. Anyway, she's barely turned 15... she's still a bloody child, no matter how mature she seems to act. Imagine introducing her to your mates... "this is my gf, she's doing her GCSEs".
    And what constitutes a child exactly? I'm 21+ and seen plenty of 18 year olds act like primary school kids. Besides, if we're going by privileges gained through age as given and recognised by society, then you're not a real adult until you're 21. You can't become an MP or have a mortgage until you're 21. Another dubious law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    And what constitutes a child exactly? I'm 21+ and seen plenty of 18 year olds act like primary school kids. Besides, if we're going by privileges gained through age as given and recognised by society, then you're not a real adult until you're 21. You can't become an MP or have a mortgage until you're 21. Another dubious law.
    Are you SURE that's true? I was planning on dabbling in the latter (I'm not 21 for another 11 months).

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Just be her 'friend' and keep your distance so your not tempted. Dude you do not want to go prison and drop the soap....unless that's your ultimate goal? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd stay away to be honest, it may come back and bite you...

ReputationRep:
    Thats just jailbait. Hold up until she is legal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.