Turn on thread page Beta

So it turns out she's underage. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    There's a difference between underage sex, and sex with a minor.
    There's thousands of 16 year olds who've had sex with 15 year olds. And there's lots of people I know who went out with people 16 and over when they were 15. Of these I bet about 0.5% ever see any action being taken.

ReputationRep:
    Morally I'd say you'd be right to back off, but from my own experience having gone out with someone 2 and a half years older when I was 14 (by no means a pervert or whatnot) and having had a mature relationship, I think sometimes the underage hysteria can be massively over-hyped. I think this is a decision you're gonna have to make for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    You're wasting your time.

ReputationRep:
    I stand by the idea that an intelligent 15/16 year old girl is twice as mature as an intelligent 18/19 year old boy by default.

(Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    You're wasting your time.
    Why do you say that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do you say that?
    Because there isn't. Please just use your common-sense , even for half a second. I won't tell you why I;ll let you figure it out.

ReputationRep:
    Because there isn't. Please just use your common-sense , even for half a second. I won't tell you why I;ll let you figure it out.
    That doesn't even make sense as a response.

ReputationRep:
    OP why are you asking people on TSR what they think isn't it about what you think ? People on TSR are probably laughing at your situation , their advice is no good. Follow your heart.

ReputationRep:
    OP why are you asking people on TSR what they think isn't it about what you think ? People on TSR are probably laughing at your situation , their advice is no good. Follow your heart.
    Presumably OP wanted to discuss matters related to his relationships in the health and relationships forum. Not sure if it's 'right' or not. Like most people asking stuff in here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrkn)
    Presumably OP wanted to discuss matters related to his relationships in the health and relationships forum. Not sure if it's 'right' or not. Like most people asking stuff in here.
    Quit quoting me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbaman98)
    There's thousands of 16 year olds who've had sex with 15 year olds. And there's lots of people I know who went out with people 16 and over when they were 15. Of these I bet about 0.5% ever see any action being taken.
    That's because they want to have sex with that person, if they wanted to they could press charges for sex with a minor - it may not be frowned upon to do it, but it is still illegal. That's what a few of the people in this thread have been saying, if he did have sex with her before 16 she could use it against him if something bad happened.

ReputationRep:
    That's because they want to have sex with that person, if they wanted to they could press charges for sex with a minor - it may not be frowned upon to do it, but it is still illegal. That's what a few of the people in this thread have been saying, if he did have sex with her before 16 she could use it against him if something bad happened.
    I know, and i've said that many many many times since the start. But all I'm saying is there's no point using the illegality of the thing as a reason to not have sex, because it hardly ever results in anything. I've said there was always the risk, but just as there is with booze and **** and driving with a mobile phone, people still do it and it pretty much always turns oout fine.
    I'm not condoning any of these risks, just saying that the fact of the matter is they nearly always turn out fine.

ReputationRep:
    I know, and i've said that many many many times since the start. But all I'm saying is there's no point using the illegality of the thing as a reason to not have sex, because it hardly ever results in anything. I've said there was always the risk, but just as there is with booze and **** and driving with a mobile phone, people still do it and it pretty much always turns oout fine.
    I'm not condoning any of these risks, just saying that the fact of the matter is they nearly always turn out fine.
    True, but when it doesn't turn out fine you get put on the register :cool:

ReputationRep:
    True, but when it doesn't turn out fine you get put on the register :cool:
    True, but that's like not going on holiday for fear of the plane crashing.

ReputationRep:
    True, but that's like not going on holiday for fear of the plane crashing.
    Those two analogies don't really fit together...

ReputationRep:
    Those two analogies don't really fit together...
    Well you can see where I'm coming from. It's holding back from something through fear of something extremely unlikely happening.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.