Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well accountancy is quite a safe bet. Directors in big 4 firms earn between £90,000 and £120,000 and this is achievable by the age of 30 if you work hard.

Partners can easily earn over £300,000 from what I've seen. Where I worked both partners were earning above this.

Even at mid tier firms partners earn around £150,000 and directors around £90,000.

With an accountancy qualification you can work in other areas of business, as a CFO for example, and they will earn quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulpicia)
    A couple of the tip/top law forms pay 60k to trainees. I've looked at the intake, pretty much all oxbridge, all 1st class honours, and all very personable from what I've heard.

well in that case, I heard there are few who graduated from LSE (acc and finance) got 50k sallary from barclays or something after first degree.

but I was giving ideas assuming the OP is not top-top-flier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndkathleen)
    sorry, I didn't say 'soon'
    Ok I was under the impression that you want it as soon as possible lol

but start with investment banking then go into hedge funds.

There are people who earns bils every year.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Webstersss)
    There no better job than investment banking. Your sallary will rise with experience, you are dreaming if you expect to earn 80k any time soon even after graduation
    Why?

Can you answer this question without mentioning money at all?

ReputationRep:
    The Treasury are quite good at development. I did my Y10 work exp there this year (with HMRC aswell) and all of the policy advisors were graduates with a turn around in job of 18 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la fille danse)
    Why?

Nope, by best, I meant purely based on money

not stress, life or any other factor.

ReputationRep:
    Why?

is that not the reason why it's the best? people have different goals. For person A - helping someone may be the best thing in the world for them so being a doctor would be great but to me - helping people is the last thing on my mind and the salary is the most important.

ReputationRep:
    Why?

The thrill of trading?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi,

What high salary type jobs (£80,000+) can I realistically pursue with an Economics undergraduate degree?

Or do I need master's too? Well, I am just interested to know the job types/careers with high salary. Money is my main motivation.
    Obviously I can't go into medicine with Economics Bsc

Thanks.
    Having a Masters would obviously help.

I think you have to understand, however, that you're very unlikely to earn anywhere near that amount until many years after graduation. You could at most probably earn £30,000 to £40,000 on graduation from certain graduate schemes, but these would obviously be frightfully competitive and additionally you'd have little chance unless you're an extraordinary candidate.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

What high salary type jobs (£80,000+) can I realistically pursue with an Economics undergraduate degree?

Or do I need master's too? Well, I am just interested to know the job types/careers with high salary. Money is my main motivation.
    Obviously I can't go into medicine with Economics Bsc

Thanks.
    actuary defo

dunno 'bout financial analysts, consultants, or stock brokers

ReputationRep:
    Investment banking; you could be earning that within a few years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.