Turn on thread page Beta

What happens if you flop the 3rd year of a degree? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you flop the third year of a degree, do you have to start all over again or do you do the year again ? If if you fail the year after failing it once, then do you get kicked out or are you allowed to keep retaking if you want. I'm not in this position myself as I'm 18 but jus wondering.

ReputationRep:
    Eier, not really a fan of bumping things. You've told me off for similar things.

Paul, from my experience such things don't happen too often. If you're going to flop a degree, you generally will have an inkling of the fact by the end of your second year.

ReputationRep:
    You can retake the year, usually. That's what my dad ended up doing.

ReputationRep:
    could get resits where they cap your mark at 40%

or resit the whole year, either way you don't want to do that

ReputationRep:
    My friend flopped and at my University you weren't allowed to resit your third year. You could defer for a year if it looked like you were going to fail at any point during the year (he also did this, and it didn't help).

ReputationRep:
    It depends with the university. At mine I think you had to repeat the courses as you werent able to resit them.

ReputationRep:
    In a lot of universities you aren't allowed to resit your final year... so if you fail... welll.. you fail

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.