Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am off to Crete soon with my boyfriend. The past few times we have been abroad he's taken flip flop sandles and then pumps and normal shoes....but Crete is gonna be hot hot hot!

The problem is he cannot walk in flip flops and detests them. We want to find him some sandles that he can walk in, that aren't flip flops but wont make him look like a grandad! Any ideas? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polythenepam)
    Hi

I am off to Crete soon with my boyfriend. The past few times we have been abroad he's taken flip flop sandles and then pumps and normal shoes....but Crete is gonna be hot hot hot!

The problem is he cannot walk in flip flops and detests them. We want to find him some sandles that he can walk in, that aren't flip flops but wont make him look like a grandad! Any ideas? :confused:
    He's probably used to wearing cheap crappy flip flops.

Try something like Abercrombie flip flops. Expensive? Yes. Comfortable? Oh hell yes.

I used to have the same problem until I realised that anything under 20 quid will butcher your feet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    He's probably used to wearing cheap crappy flip flops.

Try something like Abercrombie flip flops. Expensive? Yes. Comfortable? Oh hell yes.

I used to have the same problem until I realised that anything under 20 quid will butcher your feet.
    No, its not cos they are cheap. He has expensive ones...he just doesnt get on with the flippy floppy concept:p:

ReputationRep:
    WHy not try some nike air rifts , I like to think of them as a trainer/sandal hybrid . They won't give you the airflow sandals do but aren't as bad a wearing trainers. They aren't cheap btw unless you buy fakes which I wouldn't recomend.

ReputationRep:
    Birkenstocks.

ReputationRep:
    Birkenstock's are cool. TK Max had some in for £25 a few weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Birkenstocks are quite comfortable.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.