Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i don't give a **** about twitter Watch

ReputationRep:
    when any website going offline for a very short period makes the news top 3 stories with expert ''opinion'' given from internet nerds on c4 news then it is a sad day. when the site in question is twitter it is even sadder

i really dont think anyone gives a **** about this website except the celebs who use it and the news and tv programs who use it as a marketing tool. when are these media twits gonna realise that nobody outside their tiny realm of jounralists and celeb media types gives a crap about this sorry excuse for a website?

omfg stepen fry just went to the toilet
    omfg carol mcgriffin is in the bar with her bf

NOBODY CARES. if twitter really must exist please leave the junk where it belongs,....contained on the site itself...i dont want to hear about it everyhtime i read a paper or putt he tele on. shut. up.

and btw bbc, c4, stephen fry and fellow z listers, hardly any ''young people'' (cringe) actually use twitter. stop deluding yourselves into thinking we actually care

ReputationRep:
    time to breathe?

And yeah, pretty silly how it made the news.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure a lot of people will disagree with you. Personally I don't use it, just because I don't want to spend my time following famous people and if it's a friend or something then I'll text them or msn them or something, I don't want to read their life story every day.

I dislike seeing it used as a replacement for news but there's no way of denying it's validity in attaining first-hand, immediate reports of events. Obviously this is not a subsitute for journalism or googling things (as they've been doing for years). If you don't like it then just don't use it, I don't like Facebook so I don't have one, I don't find my life is totally ruined by other people using it or going on about it.

God you really are an utter bore if you get this worked up about Twitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    I dislike seeing it used as a replacement for news but there's no way of denying it's validity in attaining first-hand, immediate reports of events. Obviously this is not a subsitute for journalism or googling things (as they've been doing for years). If you don't like it then just don't use it, I don't like Facebook so I don't have one, I don't find my life is totally ruined by other people using it or going on about it.

facebook doesnt tend to make the news everytime someone breathes on it though does it?

It only pissed me off cos i wanted to see some real news and all i got was ''twitter....went offline earlier today'' :facepalm:

ReputationRep:

Miow miow miow miow miow. Miow miow MIOW MIOW MIOW

Are you aroused?

ReputationRep:
    no, i agree
    half the people in this world dont give a crap about twitter
    so why should it be on such major news

not only that they make it sound like the world was coming to an end
    that is sad, are we that addicted to the internet?
    there are much more important things to report on imo

ReputationRep:
    I know, I have major issue with the news. Yesterday it gave literally 30 seconds on a reported murder, then proceeded to talk for a full 5 minutes about a Gorilla giving birth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    Miow miow miow miow miow. Miow miow MIOW MIOW MIOW

Are you aroused?
    Yes very, please do it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    I know, I have major issue with the news. Yesterday it gave literally 30 seconds on a reported murder, then proceeded to talk for a full 5 minutes about a Gorilla giving birth.
    That's the problem with domestic news, people it would appear would rather hear about portable highland cinemas or ipods than Darfur or the Sri Lanken massacres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Yes very, please do it again.
    I doubt Mr.Adam could handle it.

ReputationRep:
    So you say you don't want to hear about it/read about it and it should all be contained to the site itself...and then you make a thread about it :awesome:.

(Original post by grape:))
    A murder makes it to the news ever day.

A gorilla giving birth? That's a pretty unique idea :rofl2: If utterly pointless and inconsequential!

(Original post by PAPAdawg)
    facebook doesnt tend to make the news everytime someone breathes on it though does it?

It only pissed me off cos i wanted to see some real news and all i got was ''twitter....went offline earlier today'' :facepalm:
    Searching on Google News (a news aggreagator covering most major news outlets)

Results 1 – 10 of about 112,392 for twitter
    Results 1 – 10 of about 89,053 for facebook
    Results 1 – 10 of about 14,537 for sudan
    Results 1 – 10 of about 5,986 for tibet

I don't really care about Twitter, Facebook or Friendface. I don't really care at all to be honest.

Maybe instead of whinging about them you could just ignore them and concentrate on what's important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    So you say you don't want to hear about it/read about it and it should all be contained to the site itself...and then you make a thread about it :awesome:.
    i'm making a thread about my frustration....a CONSEQUENCE of the lack of containment.

stop being difficult

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I don't like about twitter is the utterly ridiculous 140 character limit for the messages, including links and special characters (e.g. # before word to make it appear as a searchable tag). I know it's micro-blogging, but still, they could have at least gone for the text-message 160 character limit, IMO :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAPAdawg)
    i'm making a thread about my frustration....a CONSEQUENCE of the lack of containment.

stop being difficult
    What do you think the news articles are doing moaning about it (whether inadvertently or not)? Giving it publicity. Just as you are doing now.

It's practically the same thing! That's not being 'difficult', that's stating the glaringly obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Searching on Google News (a news aggreagator covering most major news outlets)

Results 1 – 10 of about 112,392 for twitter
    Results 1 – 10 of about 89,053 for facebook
    Results 1 – 10 of about 14,537 for sudan
    Results 1 – 10 of about 5,986 for tibet

I don't really care about Twitter, Facebook or Friendface. I don't really care at all to be honest.

Maybe instead of whinging about them you could just ignore them and concentrate on what's important.
    Everyone I know would consider facebook a lot more important than Sudan or Tibet I'm afraid.

(Original post by Moe Lester)
    Everyone I know would consider facebook a lot more important than Sudan or Tibet I'm afraid.
    I meant important in an objective sense. If there is such a thing.

Anyone who thinks Sudan < Facebook just astonishes me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    I doubt Mr.Adam could handle it.
    At least he would die happy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.