Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i don't give a **** about twitter Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    Surely the story is not that twitter went down, but that it was allegedly attacked by people trying to silence a pro-Georgian activist blogger.
    :yes: Exactly, that's why it's newsworthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    a. Of course death is inevitable (unless you're Rupert Murdoch) but just because it is inevitable it doesn't mean there isn't a difference between someone dying happy, fufilled and comfortable at 80 and a 12 year old being shot in squalor and poverty casuing grief and pain for her family.

b. I don't think everyone should be forced to endure the suffering of others but at least show some kind of respect by knowing about it and acknowleging it. It is the job of people like the government, the UN and charities to actually do something about it but by raising awareness we could all do something. Do you not think that if people's efforts were more focused on eliminating poverty or condeming tyranical governments that our government would still be able to brush it under the government.

Just because I watch the news, read a paper and follow a few blogs it doesn't worsen my quality of life. I donate to Oxfam and Amnesty to make sure that I can do as much as I can as it stands. Every human is connected to every other human simply by inhabiting the same planet as them. And yes, not only do I think you're sick but you're also deluded into living your life as if nothing else is happening.
    You've changed your tone a lot from before. What happened to the future generation dooming us all? What happened to everybody not hearing enough about the death and how they are idiots for it? If you give people this news of death everyday the value of human life becomes worthless, as you said people don't even bat an eyelid at a new stabbing in the news.

As to your last sentence, did I ever state that? I stated that forcing others to view misery and suffering is nothing short of hell. What? you cannot eat because there is a child somewhere starving? It's ridiculous if you even think that causing more people to suffer will stop the cycle of suffering. There will never be a world full of peace and happy people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Exactly, and I just dont see how :P
    Nor do I, for that reason I just rely on the internet rather than TV for news, i just end up getting annoyed when I watch it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAPAdawg)
    it's tsr...don't get ahead of yourself it's hardly an important media institution. i'd say posting a thread about it on tsr has more in common with having a ***** with your mates irl than to a national news organisation dedicating 15 minutes to it over real political and economic news.
    It's the internet not your living room. Do you have 383 people to sit and chat about twitter in your living room with? You have 383 views here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Nor do I, for that reason I just rely on the internet rather than TV for news, i just end up getting annoyed when I watch it.
    Same, so we can flip past the stuff about pregnant monkeys, and cats in trees:P haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Same, so we can flip past the stuff about pregnant monkeys, and cats in trees:P haha
    Nah cats in trees are fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Hayko)
    :yes: Exactly, that's why it's newsworthy.
    Yeah, it's just that people on here were implying that it was only in the news because a bunch of yuppies and nerds were lost without twitter.

ReputationRep:
    oh you rebel, you.

ReputationRep:
    when it was on the enws on thursday night for the first time there was, at that point in time, no mention of the russians bringing the site down....sure they knew the attack came from that part of the world but it was not until yesterday that specualtion that it was related to espionage started.

i watched the whole c4 news report on it on thursday.....trust me, it was ridiculous. and there was no mention of the russia/georgia thing.

if you still think this is newsworthy then i think you need to get your head examined. i despair at the standard of my fellow generation sometimes. it's no wonder old people think we're a bunch of retards

ReputationRep:
    me either , it's pathetic narsacism ..who cares?? i don't.

ReputationRep:
    i dont plan on ever getting a twitter account..

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a **** about personal blogs, what kind of self indulging **** decides to start one when no-one cares what you think!?

I don't give a **** about flickr, nobody looks at your photos. End even if they do, they comment on yours so that you'll comment on theirs back, absolutely useless!

I don't give a **** about TSR, the only reason people post on here is to increase their postcount and accumulate good rep to get those green gems!

I don't give a **** about yada-yada-ya...

ReputationRep:
    okayy..

ReputationRep:
    btw, i was never saying people shouldnt use twitter. i have no issue with people using and enjoying the site..although i couldnt personjally. what pisses me off is the fact it is receieving so much media coverage (and NO STARTING A THREAD ON TSR DOES NOT COUNT FFS) whilst serious political and economic news gets sidelined. when twitter going offline (before info on the georgia thing had emerged btw. look up dates on google news if u dont believe me) for an hour makes the news ahead of pretty much everything else to happen that day on c4...one of the more respected news programs..then i think i have a right to think wtf is going on?

ReputationRep:
    If your life is boring, twitter doesn't really care about you either :daydreaming:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.