Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got pale skin - Worried it will put girls off Watch

Anon or delete.

I have very pale skin (obvious in really bright sun or in the middle of winter especially) and it has always got remarks and comments from people in my life. I am going to uni this year and I'd like to know what my chances are of getting a girlfriend with pale skin. Do girls like really tanned guys?

ReputationRep:
    Well I wouldn't be bothered about a guy being pale or not. I'm really pale skinned myself and don't think it's a big deal. Some people are blonde, some are brunette, some tanned, some pale and so on. It's nothing you should bother getting stressed about.

ReputationRep:
    Pale skin alone isn't a put off

Depends what the rest of you looks like too.

ReputationRep:
    Think how many girls adore Edward Cullen a.k.a Robert Pattinson. He's got pale skin and it's ok :p:

(Original post by Coy Girl)
    Well I wouldn't be bothered about a guy being pale or not. I'm really pale skinned myself and don't think it's a big deal. Some people are blonde, some are brunette, some tanned, some pale and so on. It's nothing you should bother getting stressed about.
    I find it hard because I have short brown hair and dark brown eyes and it emphasises my paleness a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Pale skin is the best!

ReputationRep:
    look at that guy from twilight hes pale but the ladies still love him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I find it hard because I have short brown hair and dark brown eyes and it emphasises my paleness a lot.
    I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there who will find that attractive though. Pale doesn't equal inferior or unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well it depends, are you pale or pasty? There's a difference.

ReputationRep:
    I actually prefer pale skin! Draco Malfoy is definitly one of Hogwart's best!
    Hah, but no, seriously, I doubt pale skin would put anyone off unless they were very superficial. Or a wannabe WAG.

ReputationRep:
    nothing to be worried about. the paler the better. haha. =)

I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there who will find that attractive though. Pale doesn't equal inferior or unattractive.
    You say "I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there who will find that attractive" but that sounds like your simpy reassuring me but the truth of the matter is I have no hope with girls. Is that true?

ReputationRep:
    You say "I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there who will find that attractive" but that sounds like your simpy reassuring me but the truth of the matter is I have no hope with girls. Is that true?
    No, it is not true that you will have no hope with girls simply because of your pale skin. Hence why I bothered posting.

ReputationRep:
    Well it works for the ***** in Twilight. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Pale skin puts me off! Saw this pretty girl real fine, but the pale skin just killed it.

No, it is not true that you will have no hope with girls simply because of your pale skin. Hence why I bothered posting.
    I can't wear makeup either because that looks dumb on a guy and I get burnt easily in strong sunlight. I am stuck with the paleness for the rest of my life

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

I have very pale skin (obvious in really bright sun or in the middle of winter especially) and it has always got remarks and comments from people in my life. I am going to uni this year and I'd like to know what my chances are of getting a girlfriend with pale skin. Do girls like really tanned guys?
    Personally, I love pale skin. I think it's really sexy and a turn on.
    So don't think your chances of getting a girlfriend are slimmer just because you're very pale. Pale is good!
    =]

ReputationRep:
    Pale skin is generally a turn off..... (Ignore the people who say oooh nooo look at the vampire from twilight)
    Like the extreme type, like looking dead.... One thing i will say though is a dated a girl who skin was OK, but i looked at her pics when she was 16/17.... and she looked like a dead vampire so maybe you can do something about it? she did anyway..

That being said, I'm sure you'll meet some girls who specifically are attracted to pale skin.. I wouldn't worry to much about it... go get some abs !

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine. My boyfriend is as white as a ghost (see profile pic) and is constantly called casper by our mutual friends XD

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, you're not so much different than a lot of British people, I feel a lot of them are incredibly pale compared to continental Europeans (there's a lot of fake-tan going on where I'm from, for example), so stop picking a hole here.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.