Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got pale skin - Worried it will put girls off Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite pale, surrounded by girls who have practically brown skin from tanning, so know how you feel. You've just got to accept that it's who you are, and make the best of the other bits of you that you do like.

Just think it makes you stand out. Robert Pattinson is currently the most fancied man on earth and he is pale - it depends on your other features, but it really is nothing to get worked up about. It wouldn't put me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can't wear makeup either because that looks dumb on a guy
    No it doesn't.

I wear it and it's OK. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but isn't 90% of the fan base of twilight 14 year old girls?

(Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Pale skin is generally a turn off..... (Ignore the people who say oooh nooo look at the vampire from twilight)
    Like the extreme type, like looking dead.... One thing i will say though is a dated a girl who skin was OK, but i looked at her pics when she was 16/17.... and she looked like a dead vampire so maybe you can do something about it? she did anyway..

That being said, I'm sure you'll meet some girls who specifically are attracted to pale skin.. I wouldn't worry to much about it... go get some abs !
    I don't look like a vampire (unless I am really tired, washed out and generally out of it) but I am pale, there is no doubting that fact.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

I have very pale skin (obvious in really bright sun or in the middle of winter especially) and it has always got remarks and comments from people in my life. I am going to uni this year and I'd like to know what my chances are of getting a girlfriend with pale skin. Do girls like really tanned guys?
    Im a guy, and gay and I find pale skin on guys, REALLY REALLY sexy

ReputationRep:
    I can't wear makeup either because that looks dumb on a guy and I get burnt easily in strong sunlight. I am stuck with the paleness for the rest of my life
    I know. As I said, I'm pale too. I don't think it's off putting, that's all, as is emphasised by other girls posting in the thread.

(Original post by ooga)
    Im a guy, and gay and I find pale skin on guys, REALLY REALLY sexy
    thats good to hear but I don't want to attract gay guys.

i prefer pale girls tbh. ive never understood the whole mentality behind why tanned people are apparently more attractive than pale people, and why some people feel the need to go to tanning salons or waste their time sun-bathing.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with pale skin at all I quite like it. But if your really not happy about it, have you ever tried tinted moisturiser? It's not that pricey and builds up a light tan gradually and it's built up over time, so you wont be pale one day then noticeably tanned the next

ReputationRep:
    One word: Tan.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry.

Most people aren't racist. (a few are though but they don't deserve your time).

squish.

I didn't realise the Twilight guy was really that pale in real life. I thought it was make-up and other tricks to help him look more like a vampire. Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard because I have short brown hair and dark brown eyes and it emphasises my paleness a lot.
    Believe me, you are very lucky there! It gives a clear contrast between your hair and skin which is a good thing.

Think yourself lucky you aren't cursed with the blonde hair-pale skin combo, as it just makes you look completely washed out and ill all the time.

But I do know what you mean, in advertising, television etc 99% of men used are tanned. Its all part of the "tall, dark and handsome" thing most women are said to like. But everyones different, floats for boats etc.

its so depressing to think that women mostly only like tanned men. I am not all that tall either - 5'11"

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. Can't you get a tan or something if you're that bothered?

ReputationRep:
    Im very pale and have very dark hair. I dont do too badly with the girls. Dont worry about it dude.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really take any girls that tan past "average" brown skin.

Not saying that I wouldn't date a black girl, just haven't met any yet. like seriously. I don't know any.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

I have very pale skin (obvious in really bright sun or in the middle of winter especially) and it has always got remarks and comments from people in my life. I am going to uni this year and I'd like to know what my chances are of getting a girlfriend with pale skin. Do girls like really tanned guys?
    You obviously haven't read Twilight lol. I doubt that it will be a turn off when you get to uni don't worry about boneheads who have made comments in the past, they're probably jealous. Tanned skin isn't bad but if it is false and on the verge of the tango look then yuck. Personally I find pale skin quite sexy ( especially with blue eyes and dark hair) and I'm sure many other girls do too so embrace it and love it because it isn't so much how you look but how you carry your self which will make you stand out for the right reasons. Good Luck. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Since when is 5'11'' 'not that tall'? It's medium at the very least. And try reading threads about what physical features girls like on guys. Pale skin and brown eyes are common answers.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.