Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yo.
    i'm not used to wearing high heels, but i've bought a few pairs in the past couple of months. i have one pair which are strappy, which hurt my feel when i stand up a lot, and then i have another two pairs which just give me blisters and rub my feet and stuff.
    they are the right size, they aren't too tight, but tight enough to stay on my feet, i just find it hard to balance, and not to be in excruciating pain an hour or so after starting to wear them.
    are there any 'tricks' that can help them not hurt so much? i've got a load of plasters for the weekend (going on a hen do) but i know i can't always wear plasters.. they looks mank. do i just have to build up how much i wear them?
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    the only help to to practise with high heels. around the house.
    and when buying heels try closed shoes with more support or platform heels

ReputationRep:
    get some party feet, the difference that a jelly pad can make is astounding :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Vaseline! Take a mini pot with you and ensure that you prevent friction so that you don't end up with blisters.

Also having tights or similar between your feet and your shoes can help

As far as walking pain goes, I honestly don't think it ever gets any better. Perhaps take regular toilet breaks to take the weight of your feet? I need to wee a lot when I drink anyway!

Practise walking so that you can walk comfortably. This will reduce how soon they begin to kill your feet If you can't walk comfortably in them then you are probably putting too much pressure on certain parts of your feet and that leads to pain.

Don't forget, hold yourself high so you're not putting extra weight on your feet - Works I swear! Try not to stand still for too long, the more you move the less time your weight is on your feet! Sitting down for a long time after your feet start to kill will definitely make it worse! Try to wriggle through it instead!

Hope you have an excellent night nonetheless x x

ReputationRep:
    maybe break them in a little better by wearing thick socks while walking around the house in them doing your day to day thing (the socks won't make them overly big), not only are you practicing walking they won't rub as much
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Me and my best friend found a marvellous way to reduce pain... Instead of party feet, which imo don't do much anyways, use the padding out of a bra. Its like walking on clouds

And yeah, as everyone has said, it's just a case of getting used to them... totter around the house in them

ReputationRep:
    i feel so stupid. i'm 20 and i've only just started wearing heels. ahh, but that's some sound advice. i think i'm wearing tights, as we are all dressing up like marylin monroe in white dresses and wigs! should be an interesting night... lol. it's just when i'm in pain i'm miserable. i'll try the socks thing too, to practice.
    this should be fun

oh and i have some party feet. i can't say that they made much of a difference

ReputationRep:
    aw dont feel stupid better late then never and i know what you mean, party feet dont do anything

p.s. careful on the stairs

ReputationRep:
    get those amazing almost-invisible blister plasters. You can't see them unless you peer really close and they stop the rubbing.

ReputationRep:
    The absolute best blister products by far are Compeed. (They were actually the first to develop the technology).

In addition to plasters, they also make an Anti Blister stick which, unlike Vaseline, isn't greasy, it just helps prevent rubbing. One stick lasts for ages.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.