Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm in desperate need of money, but they haven't even paid me for last month's work, another factor making me think about resigning...not that the pay is hardly good anyway Aah, luckily, the head office sent me details about the terms of contract, which gives details about how long your notice comes into effect by...so if its less than one month of being employed, you only need to give in 1 day's notice, if its up to 6 months you give a week's notice, noice Guessing I should do the 2 wk thing just to show I'm being courteous or..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    When I left my part-time job at Debenhams I had to give them 2 weeks notice, a letter of resignation and have an assesment with my manager.

All I wrote on my letter was:

Chris, (my line manager)

I would like to say thanks for my time here but unfortunately I must leave at the end of this month due to my upcoming holiday. I would like to work my last shift on the 4th June.

Yours,

Adam
    What did the assessment entail? I also work at Debenhams and am going to uni next year- I find it hard to believe that you only need to give 2 weeks notice? Does it differ from store to store?

(Original post by shaw16)
    What did the assessment entail? I also work at Debenhams and am going to uni next year- I find it hard to believe that you only need to give 2 weeks notice? Does it differ from store to store?
    I'm sorry but that was over four years ago now. I can't honestly remember.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.