Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Debunking Muslim demographics youtube video Watch

ReputationRep:
    The video is terrifying.

(Original post by PGtips92)
    1- Not 10 million people, 10 million views.
    2- Hundreds of youtube videos have more than 10 million views, I don't see them reported.
    3- The difference is we pay for the BBC, I'd expect them to report newsworthy items.

4- Plenty of youtube videos are "poppycock"- why don't the BBC dubunk this? It's got a million views... I'll tell you why, because its rubbish (like the "dubunked" video). It doesn't need to be mentioned. :rolleyes:
    1 - Fair dos but who sits at home and rewatches a video about statistics?
    2 - Yes but they don't tend to make relevant, false and politically important points
    3 - The BBC does report newsworthy items, it's called BBC News. This was shown on a Radio 4 show about statistics part-funded by the Open University and on a section of the BBC site called 'Magazine'.
    4 - The fact is that this particular video is not only very easy to debunk because it's filled with such rubbish but it provided a really good example about how figures can be manipulated. Maybe if you listened to the programme (Im sure it's on iPlayer) you will be able to find that the programme was incredibly interesting

The cost of making this segment of the programme were probably about equal to that of employing Jonathan Ross for a few hours. I know which one is more important to me.

The BBC is supposed to "inform, educate and entertain" and for me it did all three in this piece.

ReputationRep:
    What I found amusing was that the BBC article was an attack on the specific claims of the video yet it failed to address the wider issue of immigration. Same old story BBC. If they really wanted to rebuke the video they should of provided an analysis of the situation rather then attempting to undermine the statistics.

I know that video would find a lot of fertile ground across the country for good reason - even if the numbers were changed to correspond more closely to the BBC's "left of centre" thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    2 - Yes but they don't tend to make relevant, false and politically important points
    3 - The BBC does report newsworthy items, it's called BBC News. This was shown on a Radio 4 show about statistics part-funded by the Open University and on a section of the BBC site called 'Magazine'.
    4 - The fact is that this particular video is not only very easy to debunk because it's filled with such rubbish but it provided a really good example about how figures can be manipulated. Maybe if you listened to the programme (Im sure it's on iPlayer) you will be able to find that the programme was incredibly interesting

The cost of making this segment of the programme were probably about equal to that of employing Jonathan Ross for a few hours. I know which one is more important to me.

The BBC is supposed to "inform, educate and entertain" and for me it did all three in this piece.

it touched me as well :rolleyes:

(Original post by Rule Britannia)
    What I found amusing was that the BBC article was an attack on the specific claims of the video yet it failed to address the wider issue of immigration. Same old story BBC. If they really wanted to rebuke the video they should of provided an analysis of the situation rather then attempting to undermine the statistics.

I know that video would find a lot of fertile ground across the country for good reason - even if the numbers were changed to correspond more closely to the BBC's "left of centre" thinking.
    That wasn't the point of the video. One minute you whinge about the BBC being too political the next it's not political enough.

The video was part of a programme about statistics. It's point was to debunk the false statistics used. It did so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feral Beast)
    That's hardly a debunking, I'm afraid.
    I agree, it's very, very ambiguous. Plus it does state that the Muslim population will grow and the crux of it's argument seems to be that nobody can predict trends anyway.

ReputationRep:
    'The Muslim population of Europe has risen, but not as fast as alleged' This was the main point of the article. Fine it was a bit exaggerated but truly one day we will see the glory of islam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt10101)
    This is a little off topic but are white people a dieing race?

Because shirley we are interbreeding with other races and eventually we will all be the one color, and also with the decline in the birth rate there will become less of us.
    Yes you are indeed declining, if my memory is correct it was 25% of global population in 1950, by 2050 it is meant to be around the 5-6% mark. You only have to look at Europe's birth rate, every single country is below the 2.1 babies per women required to keep a population stable.

ReputationRep:
    How typical of the BBC, pandering to Muslims, who comprise around 2% of their license fee paying community.

Would such time, money and effort be invested into 'debunking' some of the thoroughly anti-Christian (and other religions) videos on YouTube?

Yet again, the BBC reveals itself as a paragon of impartiality. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Presumably people obsessed with demography and racial statistics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avada Kedavra)
    How typical of the BBC, pandering to Muslims, who comprise around 2% of their license fee paying community.

Would such time, money and effort be invested into 'debunking' some of the thoroughly anti-Christian (and other religions) videos on YouTube?

Welcome to TSR! :tsr:

First time here?

(Original post by Avada Kedavra)

Can you find me an anti-Christian video on YouTube with 10 million views please.

How is this pandering to Muslims?

How is this not impartial?

ReputationRep:

May I ask what this article / piece on R4 actually achieves..?

Sure, it shows what rubbish the video is, but couldn't any reasonable person figure that out (just like you realised how rubbish the Michael Jackson video was)?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see any problem with this change apart from when that guy form Libya said that 'Allah will provide them with victory', That's just so ****** up. The world's majority culture has changed many times before and it will change again after. We just have to make the most of the world we currently live in i think.

ReputationRep:
    So at what rate will they become the majority?

I want to know so I can be dead.

(Original post by PGtips92)
    May I ask what this article / piece on R4 actually achieves..?

Sure, it shows what rubbish the video is, but couldn't any reasonable person figure that out (just like you realised how rubbish the Michael Jackson video was)?
    It was an interesting excersise in debunking statistics. It shows what most sensible need to know that you can't just trust statistics, the video makes out with tiny little sources that it's legitimate and as we've already on this site alot of "reasonable" people will swallow every single "fact" from it whole.

Since when did it have to achieve anything anyway? What did Planet Earth achieve? What does the news achieve? What does the Today programme achieve? I'm pretty sure all of those shows are integral to the license fee.

I can't believe people would complain about this being a misuse of the license fee (the stock argument when the BBC does something to irritate conservatives) when anyone could watch BBC Three and realise what more expensive rubbish it goes on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feral Beast)
    That's hardly a debunking, I'm afraid.
    :yep: Whilst I'm not one to ride the wave of populism, the article merely discredited the evidence put forth -- it didn't put forth any counter evidence. Therefore, either position could ultimately have validity.

Maybe I have closet prejudices, but strong religious faith does scare me, whatever the faith be. It seems to be correlated with bad things. Muslims in history have, indeed, often been more tolerant than Christians (e.g. allowing Chrisitians to worship and travel freely in Jerusalem for a fee in the Middle Ages, whilst Christians were crusading): however, both religions have strong subgroups of intolerance that need to be countered. Of course, we should wish no ill will to the majority of immigrants, being reasonable souls, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KvBhasgotabigwilly)
    I don't see any problem with this change apart from when that guy form Libya said that 'Allah will provide them with victory', That's just so ****** up. The world's majority culture has changed many times before and it will change again after. We just have to make the most of the world we currently live in i think.
    Don't mind your grand-kids living in an intolerant, Islamic society?

(not saying Muslims will take over in X amount of time, just saying that surely you'd be against it if it was to happen...)

ReputationRep:
    Next up: debunking debunking Muslim demographics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KvBhasgotabigwilly)
    I'm black and would hate to see this change.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.