Turn on thread page Beta

braces. watch

• View Poll Results: Should I have just a top brace or top and bottom brace?
    just top brace
    0%
    top and bottom brace
    100.00%

ReputationRep:
    Today I finally had my first orthodentist apointment at the age of almost 16 because my stupid dentist wasn't sure what to do for several years :mad: anyway I knew I would need a top brace but they offered me a bottom brace aswell. I had never really looked at my bottom teeth but there are quite alot of gaps. should I have just a top brace or top and bottom brace?

ReputationRep:
    Full works, best to get everything sorted at once.

ReputationRep:
    Top and bottom, assuming you're not paying for it yourself. Based on the long term, the braces on both sets will help.

The dentist has to wait for your teeth to grow to decide what to do - it's ignorant of you to call him/her stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Top and bottom, assuming you're not paying for it yourself. Based on the long term, the braces on both sets will help.

The dentist has to wait for your teeth to grow to decide what to do - it's ignorant of you to call him/her stupid.
    thanks for the opinion.
    at my appointment they said it would have helped if I had come when I was younger so i'm going by that and I would have prefered braces younger.

ReputationRep:
    its the best thing I did. I had both.

I had mine at 16, got them taken off when i was nearly 18 =D
    but my teeth look amazing now!
    =D

ReputationRep:
    Top and Bottom! Its worth it...im getting my braces off in a week and my teeth look so good!

ReputationRep:
    Get both done! Will be worth it =)

ReputationRep:
    Get both at the same time, then when the top is straight, so will the bottom. Unlucky being 16+ with braces though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.