Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Along with lots of you, I'm starting uni in October, and really want to be fashionable. Casual fashionable though?

Normally I'm a jeans and a vest top kinda girl.
    I've got a typically hourglass figure (36 bust, 30 back, 26 waist, 35.5 hips) although I've got 'athletic' legs.

If anyone could give me any ideas (links would be ideal), for outfits?
    Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No one cares what you are wearing, it's uni, I have been in in sleeping pants and was treated no different.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, get over it.

Within two weeks you'll be going to lectures in your pyjamas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiling...Rain)
    Along with lots of you, I'm starting uni in October, and really want to be fashionable. Casual fashionable though?

Normally I'm a jeans and a vest top kinda girl.
    I've got a typically hourglass figure (36 bust, 30 back, 26 waist, 35.5 hips) although I've got 'athletic' legs.

If anyone could give me any ideas (links would be ideal), for outfits?
    Thanks
    Stick with what you wear normally :yep:

ReputationRep:
    there's no point trying to be fashionable if it's something you can't keep up. just look presentable and be you, you don't want to make the wrong impression

ReputationRep:
    You could try Urban Outfitters?
    I'd say be yourself though as cheesy as that sounds.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like you have a nice figure.

Wear what you feel comfortable in... if you like jeans and vests, wear that.

ReputationRep:
    Jeans, tshirts, vests, birthday suit... that's all you need for during the day.

ReputationRep:
    i understand how it would be nice to get some new, fashionable clothes that you like so that you feel fresh, new and ready for your new start at uni. But...you won't feel good unless you like the clothes so just go out and buy some nice ones that you like and you're bound to feel great when you wear them

ReputationRep:
    I dont really get threads like this. Nobody cares what you wear to lectures, in fact, most people wont even be awake enough to notice if its a 9am lecture! just wear what you feel like! Its really not important.

ReputationRep:
    wear what you like go out and shop for what YOU want then wear it. Fashion is individual

ReputationRep:
    Wear whatever you feel comfortable in and you like. You don't want to start uni feeling awkward and uncomfortable with what you're wearing.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just say get good quality clothes that wont necesarily go 'out of fashion' and will last longer. If it's stuff that doesn't need a lot of ironing etc then that's an additional bonus, as trust me, I doubt you'll find the time to fuss over that.

It's true, no-one really cares what you wear day-to-day. It's only when you go out, you should be making more of an effort.

Though if you still want to keep up with trends in a subtle manner, go to Primark or something? They get loads of new stuff in all the time and are really cheap. Only the clothes probably wont last very long.

If you've got a bigger budget aside: Uniqlo do good quality mix'n'match stuff. H&M is pretty good, reasonably priced.

I do love Urban Outfitters and TopShop but I only really go in there when I know I can spend a fair bit of money otherwise it's too depressing going in there and only walking out with a few things

ReputationRep:
    You should try finding a balance between casual but not too dressy. There's something quite depressing about some people turning up to lectures in baggy, ill-fitting clothes, looking like slobs who just rolled out of bed. As long as you look clean and presentable, it's all good lol.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.