Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Wearing a low cut top to seminars at Uni... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't think you were slutty, just trying waaay too hard and far too over dressed for a seminar. And don't bother with the crap about being comfortable, you're doing it for the lads!

Having said all that, you should wear what you feel most confident in and feel free to wear what you like. You aren't harming anyone, it's entirely up to you. I'd probably feel a bit sick if I had some girls boobs in my face at 10 in the morning when I have a hangover, but I'm a girl - the guys will love it :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    wear whatever you like. I know a girl who used to come to seminars smelling like a fetid pile of unwashed dishes, with big sticks coming out of her bag - as long as your relatively clean, and don't have your cooch on display, who cares?

wow, standards these days

praps I'm too posh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lowrax)
    Really?
    do you mean 'really' about the smelly stick girl? yes, she was married too at like, 17. an odd one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    It's kind of who I am though, I like tight tops that show cleavage.
    Maybe it doesnt matter what other people think.
    Then why did you make a thread asking what clothing is appropriate at university? IMO it's a seminar, not a fashion show or party you're attending. Students should keep their eyes on their books, not your tits

but hey, each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coszcatl)
    wow, standards these days

praps I'm too posh
    I don't have very high standards for how other people should behave, I don't see what gives me the right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lowrax)
    Where what you feel comfortable in, don't listen to anyone who says that a low cut top is ****-like, A WOMEN CAN DRESS HOW SHE PLEASES, SHE IS NOT AN OBJECT TO BE GAWPED AT.
    Usually, I'd agree with this view.

In this particular situation, however, the woman in question is quite clearly dressing solely to draw attention to her chest, and therefore, turning herself into an object to be gawped at.

You don't need to defend the indefensible.

ReputationRep:
    Do what you want, expect some stares though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Having said all that, you should wear what you feel most confident in and feel free to wear what you like. You aren't harming anyone, it's entirely up to you. I'd probably feel a bit sick if I had some girls boobs in my face at 10 in the morning when I have a hangover, but I'm a girl - the guys will love it :tongue:
    I can't think of anything better to see in the morning to recover :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    What are your opinions on this? In school it was all forbidden... but I like low cut tops. I have nice boobs and a lot of cleavage.
    Is it bad, giving a bad impression ?
    No.

Pics?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    :eek: Didn't realise other guys liked the saggy ones...
    Well thanks! :p:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.