Turn on thread page Beta

When you go through UCAS adjustment, do you lose your loans from student finance? watch

    • Thread Starter

    When you go through UCAS adjustment and switch uni plus the course, do you lose your loans from student finance?

    I think you just have to tell them that you've changed your circumstances. Fill out a form etc.

    You loan amount may change depending on the course/uni your going to instead.

    Don't quote me though.

    your just need to tell the loan people, ring them up and tell, they will tell you what to do

    This is what the UCAS adjustment video says:
    "Adjustment is not for everyone. So think carefully before you try and find somewhere else. Consider other factors like accommodation and student finance."

    and from the Before Registration comments:
    "Before deciding to use Adjustment, you must also consider non-academic arrangements such as accommodation and student finance. These may be difficult to secure or there may be delays if changes are made at short notice. You should contact your UF choice if you are concerned about arrangements that you have made with them."

    So if you find a new uni before switching you need to find out from them what each of you and them need to do to ensure the finance arrangements are updated in good time.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.