Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It feels as if there are these invisible bugs landing/crawling on my skin and it's driving me insane. I have no bites or anything it's just the feeling that they're there. I can look at my arm while I'm feeling it and see nothing there yet it's making me feel really jumpy.

Can anyone help?

It's mainly on my neck, head area (including ears), arms and occassionally further down my body.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a little odd, i would suggest that you do the doctors when you can, it could be something to do with nerves or something else unrelated. Best thing is to consult the doctor on it if it is worrying you.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds terrible, poor you. I think it's psychological btw. go seek medical advice?!

(Original post by wholenewworld)
    Sounds terrible, poor you. I think it's psychological btw. go seek medical advice?!
    I'm scared I'll be mocked or something or seen as crazy :/

This doesn't happen to everyone?

I often think I have little bugs crawling on my arms or my neck and there's nothing there. It's not hugely noticable but it's irritating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    This doesn't happen to everyone?

I often think I have little bugs crawling on my arms or my neck and there's nothing there. It's not hugely noticable but it's irritating.
    Yes but it's been going on for the past couple of days and it's constant.

meh anon

ReputationRep:
    i sometimes get this...usually when lying in bed.

ReputationRep:
    The highly scientific term for when this happens when you're stoned/otherwise high is 'the creepy crawlies'. Other than drugs though, I have no idea what causes it. Go see your doctor, I seem to recall it might be connected with psychological problems of some kind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm scared I'll be mocked or something or seen as crazy :/

It's natural to feel that way, but the doctor is there to help not to ridicule you.
    Seriously, the mind is a very complicated thing and your phobias/thoughts/fears are often not your fault and can be corrected with the right medication.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to be funny, but have you been taking any kind of drugs/medication lately?

Usually this happens to me after I've watched something involving creepy crawlies.

There's nothing too abnormal about it, I dion't think. Maybe it could be a strand of hair or something that's you're missing? I have long hair so often feel like there's bugs crawling over my arm as I type, but it's usually just a misplaced strand of hair.

ReputationRep:
    take a bath, have a soak and see how u feel. it will help u to calm down just incase its a mental thing...and it'll b nice and relaxing!

(Original post by Fawn)
    Yes but it's been going on for the past couple of days and it's constant.

meh anon
    Oh it's you, it's probably the huge guilt of all those people you don't care about.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have that occasionally, although sometimes I think it's just dust or the wind, or even (if it's on my leg) my hair and it somehow pokes my skin (if that makes any sense at all).

ReputationRep:
    Formication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberryice)
    take a bath, have a soak and see how u feel. it will help u to calm down just incase its a mental thing...and it'll b nice and relaxing!
    I normally bathe every day so this is why it's disturbing me. It's just so constant and normally when I feel "crawly" it's not like this as it doesnt feel as if there is definitely something there :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fawn)
    I normally bathe every day so this is why it's disturbing me. It's just so constant and normally when I feel "crawly" it's not like this as it doesnt feel as if there is definitely something there :/
    hmm....maybe do some vigorous exercise..basically try something that's going to shuffle up your body a bit, if that makes sense.

poor you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberryice)
    hmm....maybe do some vigorous exercise..basically try something that's going to shuffle up your body a bit, if that makes sense.

poor you
    Thanks, I'll see how it is in the morning and have a complete clear out of the house just for sake of mind. I'm wondering if maybe it's from the field next door? Maybe pesticides or something?

ReputationRep:
    It could be some bugs outside maybe. I've had some tingly feelings on my legs lately and then found bites the next day.

ReputationRep:
    Does this remind anyone else of the beginning of "A Scanner Darkly"?

On a more helpful note, probably best to go and try the bath or see a doctor...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.